Hi, I have a teenage son. I am very worried about his future because I have noticed he has problems with violence. He plays very violent video games, also the music he listens to is filled with words of hatred. He has daily outburst of anger towards our family members and two days ago his teacher called me because he was in a fight. My wife and I have tried raising him properly and I don't know why he is acting this way. Is there something we could do to help him deal with this violence problem?

Hi, the signs you have noticed in your teen son's behavior are definitely a reason for concern. Violence is a very serious problem nowadays. You have heard of many violent outbursts that happen in high schools. There could be many reasons why your son is acting this way. Most of the teenagers that show violent behavior have usually been victims of violence. This means that maybe your son is bullied at school. He doesn't know how to deal with this situation, so he gets into fights. Also he may have a hard time expressing his feelings in a regular way, so he fights with you and your wife. And finally, teenagers who have been victims of violence as children turn to violence when they get older. The only thing you can do is talk to your son. You should be calm and show respect to your son. Under no circumstances should you let him involve you in a fight. Try to explain that anger is a legitimate feeling, but that there are more appropriate ways of expressing these emotions. If you cannot do much on your own, you should seek help from a professional therapist. I hope you will work things out with your son.