Hello, my 12 year old son hasn't hit puberty yet, or he doesn't say he has, so basically two questions, one is he the right weight for his age and height? And has he hit puberty, because he is starting to get worried, also I am not a paedophile, I am just his source of resources and questions on this topic. Okay he is 150-160 cm tall and he weighs 53 kilograms, is he just porking up for puberty? And also, he has a 1-3 cm flaccid penis, no idea erect, nor do I want to know. His armpits do smell, and his balls have dropped but no penile or hair growth, or a deep voice. He is getting worried. Any legitimate replies are appreciated.

Hi Guest,

He's NORMAL.  His height and weight are about perfect as it should give a BMI of about 20.

Most boys don't start puberty until between 12-15.  It will happen when his body is ready and not before.

Hope it helps.

Thanks!

I think the big problem for him though is he's in a class of 13 year olds and they all have hit puberty, so he feels dwarfed. I'm always at work an his mother is in te US at the moment, so what should I do to cheer him up?

You're welcome guest.

It can be tough on him. Remind him that he's one of the youngest in his class and that he will get there soon.

Any chance you can do a dad/son thing? Maybe some fishing/hiking/bike riding - soccer, football, etc.