My son is ten years old for the last year and a half he has had these "leg cramps" . I dont know how else to explain them he goes to bed fine and in the mornning when he wakes up his leg or legs will be cramped up to the point where when i drop him off at school in the mornning an hour and a half later he is walking like one leg is shorter than the other

example like you see a comedian when they are playing like they are handicap and walking all lopsided and funny

eventually after a couple of hours it will go away but over the last year and a half it has been getting worse and more freiquent

any ideas what this could be has anyone else had this sort of thing?

i welcome any and all advice

When i was pregnant and even now i get real bad cramps in my leg muscles. Like a charlie horse cramp. I mentioned it to my dr and she said it was because my body was low on potacium. She advised me to eat bananas. Like one a day or a few times a week. Try it, may help.

I remember this when i was young. My gram said they were growing pains. I would get them every morning and the residual affect lasted a long time thru out the day.
I suggest maybe you give his dr. a call. Did you mention this to the Dr. when he had his yearly physical?

He may have shin splints, shooting pains up the front of his legs, cramping and pins and needles, i has them when i was 14 and so did my cousin, she had hers operated on, we both played football, does your son? on the other hand he may just be going through a growth spurt!!! x

My son has had regualr leg cramps. He feared them as they were so painful. He recently turned 13.
He has been fitted for custom-made shoe orthotics for his pronating feet (this looks a bit like flat feet) Essentially, these are arch supports that position the feet correctly lessening leg pain and 'shin splints'. I have also given him magnesium sachets (bought in pharmacy) and the cramps are almost history. The releif from taking the magnesium is very rapid, he had zero cramps on the first day of use. Magnesium is very important for muscle function. For further releif try 2 cups of epsom salts in a bath. Magnesium in these salts is easliy absorbed through the skin (and has a calming effect on mood/anxiety as an added bonus!)