I am 31 years old and 16 weeks pregnant. When I listen to the baby's heart beat the other day it would sound like hourses trotting and then about every 15 to 20 seconds the heart would stop for a second. They did an ultrasound but could not tell me anything. They are sending to a Echo-Specialist in 3 weeks. This is a long time to wait and I am worried. What does this mean? :'(

I am going through the same thing and my baby's heart sounds exactly like that. The doctor has told me that their are a lot of women that have that same problem. He says that the baby's heart beats are just like that some times. It's not that theirs anything wrong but that test that they will take is just a precaution to make sure that they don't have anything to worry about. I have to go get the same thing done on Wednesday so i will let u know what happens after the visit. Don't worry. When u worry and stress yourself out your also stressing the baby out.

melmel1976:

I am unsure if you are still following this thread, however, the same exact thing just happened to me at my 15 week appointment yesterday.  I am 31 and have had two other children.  When the Dr attempted to hear the fetal heartbeat on the Doppler it appeared to miss every 4th beat.   The Dr said that normally this happens later in pregnancy yet I shouldn't be worried (yeah right).  She scheduled me an ultrasound in three weeks and and I have been a mess ever since.  I have been scouring the internet for additional information, and cannot find anyone (except for you) that experienced this situation this early.  I was hoping to find out what the end result was in your instance.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

hello melmel what was the outcome , my pregnant girlfriend is 28 weeks pregnant and the baba misses every 4th beat please help its my first child and im in bits here xx