I got an ultrasound when I was 19 wks. My dr. said they found a "little something" on my baby's heart. She says not to worry, that everything else looks fine. She's sending me to another dr. Now im waiting to go to see this other dr., im scared. What could it be?

Hi There: Even though I know it is virtually impossible NOT TOO, if she says not to worry, then try not too. There could be an irregular heartbeat, a whole in the heart, or something such as a bad read! You can have 2 doctors looking at the same pictures and see 2 totally different things. So wait to see the next doctor. Take someone with you, because a LOT of times, you can mis hear someone. Such as if they say the word "Might be ...." you will hear "probably is....." Honestly I know this by first hand, your brain and heart are going so fast, that you don't HEAR them, your listening but not taking in anything. DO NOT reseaarch too much on the internet OK? This can make you go over the top with worry. I HAVE been there and I know first hand that self diagnosis (especially for your child) from an internet site can be a TERRIBLE thing. The reason why your doctor hasn't told you what she thinks is there, is because she too needs to have your baby looked at with fresh eyes. If it was an emergency hon, you would be sent somewhere RIG?HT away, so take some comfort in that. Prenatal specialists have a VERY short window of work, if you think about it, so things can go quite fast. So I wish you and your baby NOTHING but Health and a good outcome. Please let me know what the concesses is? Good luck!