I, too have the same issue. I have never experienced this, but for the last 2 months, I have started to hear a whooshing sound in both ears as my heart beats (whoosh, whoosh, whoosh). This happens when I am laying down for bed, and it is loud and scarry when it does happen. I thought I was dying one night because it was so loud. I am only 31. Reading these posts makes me feel better and as if it may not be so abnormal. I can't say it's a health problem because I don't have any to relate this to. If some of you are hearing this, and you have health problems, it may be easy to relate this to your health problem, but perhaps, it is just normal in some people. Several different factors can play a role in this heart beat in ear problem. I feel fine, I do not have current known health issues, and I eat well. This does not happen all the time, but when it does, it scares me to death. I pray myself to sleep when it occurs knowing that it's in God's hands. I first experienced it when I was half awake and half asleep one morning with my face down on the pillow. I thought I was hearing it in my sleep, but I started eharing it more frequently until I heard it when I was awake. Then, I realized I was not dreaming. It does not really worry me. There has to be a logical explanation to this. I never heard anyone died of such thing. I thought I was the only one experiencing this too until now. One day I put my hand over my ears, and I could hear it louder, and I could also tell that the noise would go away when I would take deep breaths. I can't figure it out, and I won't let it ruin my life. :)

wow this is how I feel alomost every night and it scares me go to sleep every night because I hear my heartbeat and and distracts my sleeping process. I am currently sleeping only 2-4 hrs max a night for the past month because of this. I think its anxiety idk. Are you getting good sleep?