Hi! I am a daughter of a mother who got myopia.. I am twelve year old, my mother is 34. I think last time my mom and dad just argued a little, and my mom cried and at that time only she said her eye is not feelin well, and after a week , she went to doctor, n he said she hav myopia.. I am so sad.. And i hope its not caused by crying? I hope there is any cure for it? :(

Hi Kez,

Myopia is a term for "near-sightedness."  It means she can see things close up clearly but has trouble with objects further away.

It's very common and not likely due to crying.

Glasses are the common treatment.

myopia , nearsightedness. Refractive error. Focusing defect created by an overpowered eye, one that has too much optical power for its length. Light rays scoming from a distant object are brought to focus before reaching the retina. Nearsighted people see close-up objects clearly but distance vision is blurry. Corrected with a minus lens (spectacle or contact) to "weaken" the eye optically and permit clear distance vision.

Yes, myopia is not caused due to crying. Your mother had the problem beforehand but realized later.