I have had a constant pulse just under one eye lower lid, in time with my heart beats for the past 6-12 months. You can clearly see it pumping, What is this and what health implications has it?

I've been having the same problem and it's driving me crazy! It started about 2 weeks ago and first i thought it was one of these eye twitches that one gets once in a while but when i looked in the mirror i was so scared because there was this constant strange pulse under my lower eyelid. The first thing that came into my mind was that maybe i was really tired and wasn't having enough sleep but then i got to sleep well and it never went away. I'm starting to get really worried because i'm not sure wether it is a pulse from a blood vessel or something to do with nerves. If anyone has any idea what could cause this or if i should see a doctor and what kind of a doctor please be kind to tell me and thank you for your help.

I have this really weird eye pulse thing its in my right eye lid and its driving me crazy it feels like my eye is twiching but its not when i look in the mirror its nothing. What should i do? This has been going on for like 5-6 days now.

I have had the same thing it started about 5 days ago and i just saw my eye doctor today. he said he hasnt really seen someone who's eye has been constantly pulsing like mine had. it usually comes and goes but for some reason mine is continual. he said stress fatigue and caffeine are the main causes but i dont know.. he said i should see a neurologist because the consistency of it makes him worried. it could be a tumor. so if anyone is worried about it, check with your doctor to get a catscan.

I also had this condition for several weeks about a year ago, also with my lower eyelid. I was A server at the time and while no one could really see it when they looked at my face it was very distracting in front of my tables and I would often have to just hold my hand to it so it would stop. Eventually I saw my Primary Care Physician and she told my to purchase a well known brand of Vitamin B and begin taking them regularly. She told me it was basically caused by stress ( I was so stressed out at the time I began bawling in her office because I was hoping it was NOT stress!) The "twitch" stopped within days. ;-)

I also have it but can't feel it. Other people can see it which must creep them out. I am always under a lot of stress. I will try the B vitamin regimen first before I donate several hundred dollars to my doctor.
-Linda

the same thing has been happening to me for the past couple months it creeps me out because i can see it

I am also having an eye pulse situation. Over the past few days I have been tell my wife that I am having some chest pains. I went for a 3.5 mile walk because if it is going to happen, happen already... Well after walking, the pain sort of goes away. Today in the morning a start having sort of labored breathing... I have been sort of having nightmares which I normally sleep very well involving my kids... Now, for the past two days my right eye seems to pulsate every time my heart pumps. I entire eyeball seems to expand and a rolling feeling seems to roll over the exterior of my eye and temporarly blurs my vision in the area of where my eye is experiencing the rolling sensation. I would hate to drop dead, but at the same time, I don't want to bankrupt my family either. I don't have insurance because I simply can not afford it. I have life insurance, so all I care about is dropping dead, not to become a vegtable to make hospitals and doctors rich. A couple of weeks ago I tested my blood pressure multiple times and my heart rate is below normal, 56 to 58 beats per minute, and I am not an athelete and in fact about 35lbs over weight. Is this something serious? If so, how can I increase the effects so it is fatal and not something that will criple me? Thank you

Its reassuring to see I'm not the only one having this same issue. I've been having a pulsing under my left eye for about 6mths now. It resently starting alternating to the top of my lid one day, than the bottom the other. I'm able to view the pulsing and at time able to feel it. Not sure how serious it is, but going to schudule an eye appointment to follow through.

Did the pulse ever go away for you? Did you ever find out what caused it?

My situation is exactly the same as Melody. Melody, can you pls let me know how do you get rid of this ?

I am very worry as my eye has this constant pulsing for the past one week. It seems it is still continue when i am sleeping.

When I look at it at the mirror, i am very worry that it will turn serious soon.

I went to my ophtamologist and he said it might be due to stress. He also had it once and it lasted 2 weeks. He gave me some anti-inflamation eye drops and told me I had really dry eye, so that might be the cause too. My went away after a week, but it got really uncomfortable around my eye area and it freaked me out. Hope you find some relief. Go the the ophthamologist if it gets too uncomfortable.

I have the same thing going on for a week now. It is Under left eye and i am going to have it checked out. I will let you all know

I have the same thing going on even as i am typing this its pulsating right now lol. Im not to worried about it because ive had the pulse feeling in my eye since i was little it would come and go whenever it wanted to but as im older and i havent felt this in a good while it just annoys me and usually it goes away after about 5 minutes but its been continually doing it now for like twenty minutes. i guess if it continues to have that feeling i will have to get it checked out so i dont go insane from the annoying feeling that someones inside my eyeball poking it every second.

HI COULD ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE I GOT A SWELLING UNDRNEATH MY EYE AND ITS BLACK AND KEEPS THROBBING DONT NO WHAT IT IS X