Hello! I suffer from myopia and I wear glasses for more then five years. My problems started when I was nine years old. I had problems with reading words and numbers from the chalkboard. I also used to sit to close to the screen when watching TV. My doctor told me my myopia will increase till my 20 years of age and it will stabilize then. I know I will be able to decide on surgery then but I am afraid of the surgery. Can myopia be cured by non-surgical ways?

Hello! There is one important thing you should know: there is no way myopia can be cured. Myopia can be treated with eyeglasses or contact lenses which actually help to correct your vision but they do not cure myopia. Myopia in school children usually increases till their late teen age stabilizes after that period. Orthokeratology is the procedure which re****s a little the progression of myopia but only in children with early myopia.

hi! I've got myopia too and I was wondering by saying "stabalize" does it mean that it can be back to normal or the myopia will be fixed???

Have you gone mad? Who told you That myopia can't be cured

@@Anirudh Chopra.....Who ever you are, I don't care. Don't comment till the time you don't have any idea what you are typing. Myopia can be cured and I give you guarentee ... Go googgling and you will find your answer. And don't be so much pessimistic... Don't go ruining others hope~~~!!!! It's determination what is required to cure Myopria and you are taking it away from people~!!!!

it can be cured by glasses but seeing as that hasn't worked for you you are screwed

Myopia CANNOT be cured by natural means...I do vision therapy on children with worsening myopia to prevent them from worsening and know this for a fact. A myopic eye is physically longer than it ought to be due to stretching of the eye. You can't UN-stretch something once it's been stretched out. BUT, if your prescription increase has a component called an accommodative spasm (when the eye muscle is focused up close for so long that it cannot relax) then that portion of the prescription can be eliminated through relaxation exercises and vision therapy. Feel free to look at my site: http://www.bettervision4kids.com.  Thanks.

I couldn't cure my myopia when I was twelve years old

no matter how many 'palming' eye exercises I did.

But thirty five years later, I found a way to IMPROVE

my eyesight. It worked so well, I was amazed. But I quit

after a week, like most people do because it's not fun to do eye exercises.

My eyes got worse gradually. So a few years later I made my own system,

and wrote an ebook. You won't get 20/20 vision,but you will be amazed how quickly your eyes get better.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I believe myopia can be cured

how wht s the method.........?

TELL ME TRICK OF MYOPIA CAN BE CURED IN NON SURGICAL WA