I see black spots! Please, help me! Do I have some disease? These black spots appear all of sudden and disappear without any reason. Does anybody know what could I do when black spots floating in my vision? My friend told me that I can not do anything and that will passed away.

These black spots that you can see are called black spots and, as I know, really there's nothing you can do about them. Don’t worry, they are totally harmless. I heard that floaters are a natural part of the eye's aging process. Just learn to ignore them. I think that doctor can not help you.

Hey there! These black spots or "floaters" that you're experiencing are nothing more than dead blood cells that have banded together and are causing a shadow like dot to float around in your vision. When they disappear for awhile, this is because you've managed to move it into a position out of your field of vision.
There's really nothing you can do about it besides put up with it. They're caused mostly from major stress, lack of sleep, extended drug use or severe head trauma far as I know?

They are actually called scotomas. They can be indicative of some diseases of the eye including Glaucoma, macular or optic nerve disease.

It also depends on where in your vision field you are seeing the eye. Central scotomas are a different situation.

In most cases however, they are a sign of aging and there really is no treatment for them other than bright illumination when reading.

You should consult your doctor just to be on the safe side.

Hello everyone, I am a 19 yr old male, and I have been experiencing floaters, small clear dots that appear to "blend and smudge" everything they happen to float across, and other odd shapes and lines. I have had this problem for maybe a year or two now. After awhile of experiencing this I became fed up and visited an eye doctor (I am a firm believer in only going to the doctor if absolutely necessary), and he said my vision was great, and didn't really give me any answer to the floaters. So, I left, and have been experiencing them on and off for the past two years. They seem to come and go when they will. My main point is that, seeing how everyone else on this forum tends to be a bit older, and after everything I've read about how the gel like substance in your eye turns to liquid as you get older, I did some thinking as to why this is happening to me because I am so young. Well, I have smoked marijuana daily since I was about 13 ( I don't really think this had anything to do with it), but one conclusion I came to was the use of a drug in a bad part of my life. This over-the-counter cold medication was labeled as Coriciden HBP Cough and cold. At about age 15-17, Me and some friends would take tons of these pills (up to 22 daily). I'm not proud at all of this, and wish i'd never been so stupid. If you would like to review information on this drug, please visit Erowid.org and navigate to the Dextromethorphan section (the main active ingredient in Coriciden, DXM). My point is, I believe the constant and excessive use of this drug may have had something to do with the floaters and spots I see in my eyes. If anyone has any information or relevant material, I would be greatly appreciative if you would reply. Thank you for your time

Hell, just refering to guest! i am a 18 year old female and i have the same experiences as you. I was told my eyes are healthy! Now im just guessing theres nuffink you can do about this and just have to learn to live with it! I doubt very much it is to do with drugs! At first i freaked out and thought it was something totally serious, but now after reading sooo many peoples own situations on strange eye vision i feel soooo much better! The eye is a very sensitive thing, and i guess if were told everything is fine, we just have to believe!!

This is for the 2 younger guests. I have had floaters most of my life, I have allergies & I take Pataday a prescription eye drop, it works. I get the floaters during allergy season & the only thing that has worked is Pataday. Talk to the eye dr about possible allergies. I also suffer from the spots (or shadows) I get them right before a migraine headache & I take medication & then lie down when I wake up it has gone away.

I started seeing floaters and black spots when i was about 13.
they sometimes looked like stars and sometimes like a black shadow as if i had pushed on my eye lid/eye ball.
i went to several doctors for a multitude of tests and was told i had migraines. Several years past and at 18 i had a grandmal seisure.
After more tests I was told i was epileptic and had just never had a seisure before. Thanks to my great (old school) GP who wouldn't give up insisted on more tests and ultimately an MRI revealed i had an ARTERIAL MALFORMATION BIRTH DEFECT. AKA an anurisum. a kink in an artery in my brain had caused an anurisum that had for years been pushing against the visual part of my brain causing the black spots.
The pressure finally caused the seisure and after surgery to correct it they realized i was probably just days away from it rupturing.

I an seeing black shadows during the night when I wake up. They were not scaring me until last might, when i wasn't even sleep I just had my eyes closed and I looked up and saw a long blck tube coming toward me.
I watched it swirl backwards into the ceiling. I was completely awoke. I do not drink or take drugs. And i loosing it. What is happening to me.

Hi everyone, i'm a 23 year old male. I have ths problem. You can be referred to a specialist and there is a procedure tha they can carry out. It does involve them sucking all of the jelly out of your eye and replacing it with new clear stuff. It doesnt guarentee to get rid of all of the 'floaters' but go and see an opthalmologist and they can refer you.

There is a laser surgery but it has very specific criteria

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hello I'm a 22 year old female from west sussex england, I have been reading through these responses because I have a spot in the centre of my left eye that seems to be fixed to my pupil somehow as every direction I look in, if I focus on a white backgroud I can see it as a dot that comes in and out of focus (hard to control my focus on it) about 6cm to the left of the point I'm looking at. I noticed that if I look to the left the spot moves more to the left, but if I look to the right the spot turns to a faint line that comes towards the point I am looking at. I think it may be moving slightly every time I move my eye in a different direction. Definitely seems to be getting worse the more I analyse it, it's very annoying. I hope my vision is not damaged from staring too long at the sun (I did this last year and it actually left my eyes throbbing).
I would also like to say to the person that spoke about seeing black barely shadows (more like what a spirit or a soul would look like) moving in the dark - I also see this all the time, and usually many teaming in one space. I know roughly what it is. I'm a christian and I believe this verse is true:"eph6:12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
I believe that these shadows are spirits of whatever sort (doesnt always mean theyre bad) and what you can see is a glimpse into the spiritual realm. I think this is very rare, and it is even more rare for someone to see anymore clearly than this. The spiritual realm is all around us, our eyes are just not made to see it.
On the other hand, I know the spot in my vision is nothing to do with this, and would like it to be sorted before it gets worse!

Hi to everyone:

I've had floating black spots for years already. And if someone tells you that it's normal and that you should learn
to live with it; grow up! You can help yourself in so many ways! Read Kevin Trudeau's books for starters. As well as
in the "Lemonade cleanse" book there is a recipe with simple to buy ingredients to clean up spots in the eye, because
I for one do not want to learn to live with it! It's stings when you use it, but it works!
Information is your best defence and sometimes your cure. You have to sift through a lot of information sometimes to
get to the right stuff, but why should you quit searching? Laziness maybe! My advice: Never quit learning, and do
something good for yourself.

Try doing a search on occular migraines, in layman terms "eye" migraines.
I have suffered with these for years and never knew what they were until I had my last eye exam.
I was told they become serious when they last for days at a time non stop.
I was told if you suffer from this constantly for more than a week you need to seek medical care to make sure there is not something more serious going on such as a stroke, blockerd arteries, etc.
These are not something you should just ignore!

Hi. I've read through the responses and each of them could be a diagnosis of the problem of Black Spots or Floaters. One of the ones that was not mentioned was that these can sometimes occur at the onset of Diabetes. I myself am Hyperglycemic and was told by my doctor at the diagnosis that one of the symptoms of Hyperglycemia, or borderline diabetic, is the floaters, and that it usually happens when my blood sugar is too high or too low. I, Personally am great full for them because I can head off any serious attacks. They are annoying to get rid of, but I take the good with the bad and am Greatful for an alarm system in my own body. Although most don't have the same problems as me, there are those out there that do.