Hello! My sister suffers from myopia. She wears glasses but she would like to get rid of them. She heard LASIK surgery is very successful and safe and she is thinking about undergoing. She hasn't spoken to her doctor yet and she doesn't know much about the surgery. I would like to know who can have LASIK surgery for myopia.

Hello! Lasik surgery is the method where a laser beam is used to modify the shape of cornea which improves the vision. LASIK surgery is a refractive surgery and there are few varieties of this LASIK surgery. Which one will be applied depends on your individual eye condition. LASIK is safe but it may not be recommended for everybody. Patients with glaucoma, diabetes, uncontrolled vascular disease, pregnant women and patients with eye disease that involve cornea or retina are not candidates for LASIK or any other refractive surgery.