Hi. I`m 44 and have a liver inflammation, so called nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, caused by a buildup of fat in the liver. I feel quite tired and loosing weight. The cause is so far unknown, but my doc has told me that NASH seems to be related to some conditions, like obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes. Would like to hear more of some treatment options.

Hi. NASH is a progressive condition, it gets worse over time. So, the symptoms such as tiredness, weight loss, and weakness are saying that your NASH has progressed. Never heard about some specific treatment for NASH. My husband had NASH and there were some other options to do. First, you can manage the underlying conditions, those that contribute to your liver damage. You must reduce your cholesterol levels, gain weight and stop using any medicine that may be causing the symptoms or making them worse. My hubby had to avoid excessive alcohol drinking - drinking can make your liver disease go worse.