Hi, My mom has a chronic kidney disease and was advised by her doctor to take 10 mg. of prednisone. After a month of taking it, she had noticed that she's gaining weight, increase appetite, so hyper, awake most of the time and so easy to get angry. With all thoses side effects, i ecided to search the net how and what are the side effects of prednisone and found out that it could worsen kidney problem? Is it really true? How come her doctor advised her to take it? She had stop taking it for three days now and she is now experiencing fats heartbeat and muscle pain. Please advise how could we addressed such problem.

As I know prednisone not only can not cure chronic kidney disease but also aggravate the state of illness.Please ask your mom that whether she want to try herbs or not.If she want,please leave me the message.

hi
my mother has the same kidney problem,parenchymal disease with corical cysts.creatinine raised to 4 and blood urea is at 80.what herbal product u suggest?plz advise.

I am currently using prednisone. My advice is for any reason don’t stop immediately, because when you are taking this steroid your body stops producing its own and one needs to slowly-taperingly quit this (please listen to doctors advice) so that the body learns and starts to make its own again to put the complex body to function normally.

I have kidney failure stage 4. And don't know what helps

Hi my name is Bianca Espinoza and ive been dealing with minimal change nephrotic syndrome since i was 2 1/2. Im having a rough time at the moment because my relapse this time is much different than last. Im severely depressed and feeling defeated at this time. Im back on prednisone 40mg and prograf 6×times a day. Im swollen and have gained 15pounds in a week. Im a very small petite woman.