A doctor told me nausea and vomiting is not diseases, but rather are symptoms of many different conditions. He said it because I have problem with nausea and vomiting for a while. When I finally visited my doctor, he told me we have to conclude what causes my nausea and vomiting. Now I am afraid could it be something dangerous. Can you give me any clue about this problem?

Your doctor is right, because each nausea and vomiting should be treated and reason should be found. In some cases, problems such as infection, food poisoning, motion sickness, overeating, blocked intestine, and illness could be the reason and cause for nausea and vomiting. Nausea and vomiting can sometimes be symptoms of more serious diseases such as heart attacks, and kidney or liver disorders. It is reported that central nervous system disorders, brain tumors, and some forms of cancer could also cause these problems to occur. The causes of nausea and vomiting are quite similar, and many things can bring on nausea. Some common causes are seasickness and other motion sicknesses, early pregnancy, intense pain, and exposure to chemical toxins. Commonly, emotional stress, gallbladder disease, food poisoning, indigestion, various viruses, and certain smells or odors could cause human to have nausea. The causes of vomiting differ according to age, but for adults, vomiting is commonly a result of a viral infection and food poisoning. For children, it is common for vomiting to occur because of a viral infection, food poisoning, motion sickness, overeating or feeding, and coughing. However, there are many different causes for this problem, so definitely your doctor should check you up to see what is wrong with you.