Hello I'm 13 years old, and for the past few weeks my snot has been orange. I don't know if it is a bif deal or not. I know green snot means your sick...and clear is normal. I was thinking maybe my nose bleed at night and turned my snot orange, but there's no sign of blood. It is kind of a weird topic, but I'm just curious. Thank you!

Hello there. Have you visited your doctor about this issue? I know that the most common causes of nasal congestion and orange snot are usually a viral infection of the nose and sinuses. Also, it can be manifested with small nose bleeding. Also, this color can be a consequence of some foods that you have eaten before. Also, have you ever got tested for some nasal diseases? Because, bronchitis and pneumonia are also the sicknesses are often medical conditions that cause the alteration in the color of mucus. If you have one of those, you can also have a problem with orange snot color.

The weird color caused by small bleeding are most common cause for this type of change - there is no blood because it's mixed in and dissolved there. Do you feel anything different since this started to happen? Headache, fever, dizziness or troubles with breathing? There are two other possible reasons as to why this might be happening, but to make sure it would be a very good idea to see the doctor. That's because sinus or throat infection can cause this and than you would need to get the proper treatment or it could be caused by some medications or even artificial colors, like from sodas.