I was always wondering why some people experience nausea and vomiting and some of them never. I wonder does it always occur together, problem with nausea and vomiting. I have never had it, but I would like to understand this problem. I want to know who is more likely to experience nausea. When it is needed to visit a doctor if that happens?

Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often accompanies the urge to vomit. However, it does not always lead to vomiting, and this is not necessary to happen together those two problems. Vomiting is the forcible voluntary or involuntary emptying of stomach contents through the mouth; I guess you already knew it. Some triggers that may result in vomiting can come from the stomach and intestines, such as infection, injury, and food irritation. Some causes are dizziness or motor sickness in the inner ear, or in the brain. Nausea and vomiting can occur in children and adults, as well as people who are undergoing cancer treatments. This radiation therapy or chemotherapy, have an increased risk of nausea and vomiting. Pregnant women in their first trimester may also experience nausea and vomiting, known as morning sickness. The timing of the nausea or vomiting can indicate the cause, so when it appears shortly after a meal, nausea or vomiting may indicate a mental disorder or a peptic ulcer. Nausea or vomiting one to eight hours after a meal may indicate food poisoning, so it should be reported to a doctor.