Nauseous, light headed, get really dizzy at random times, stomach churning, loss of appetite, light headache, sometimes feel like throwing up but don't. Went to the doctor and I'm not pregnant, and doctor feels like it's just stress but this has been going on for almost two weeks! What's going on?

Hi Simply Steph,

Your doctor might be partially right - stress does contribute to a lot of symptoms you're experiencing, but there are also other easily treatable conditions that might be causing them, from iron deficiency anemia to low blood pressure. Both of these conditions can be detected with a basic blood test and, even simpler, by measuring your blood pressure.

Since iron is important to get enough oxygen to all your organs, iron deficiency will cause you to feel less energetic, lightheaded or dizzy. And low blood pressure will cause the same symptoms, but luckily, you can easily raise your blood pressure to normal values with drinking enough water, having a salty snack or a cup of coffee.

So I think you'll need another doctor's visit, but in the meantime try keeping yourself safe, especially if you feel dizzy often,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Having been very poorly for over a year with similar symptoms, your advice makes so much sense. My problem is caused by diverticular disease.