Hello, I have read many of your topics and decided I needed to ask help for my daughter. She is 20. Her pain management doctor put her on methadone 14 months ago while she was pregnant. She has chronic lower back pain (spinal stenosis). She has had a spinal block, tried all differrent meds. The doctor said this was the safest drug she could take being pregnant. (mehtadone)... and it did work, she got to have as normal a life as she could. 2 months ago, we found out she was pregnant again and had to go out of town for a funderal (400 miles).. she ended up taking extra mehtadone to off set the pain from the driving/trip. When we got home she called her doctor and ask to come in early because she would run out early. He got mad at her and told her he was dropping her, that she was abusing the methadone. I called the dr. back, explained that he could not drop her like that, we had found out she was pregnant, and if she came off methadone it would cause her to miscarry. He was rude, told her, she made her bed and would have to suffer the consequences. Now we are trying to find another pain management doctor who will prescribe methadone to a pregnant woman. She is going through withdrawals now... one dr. gave her some oxycotin to help off set the withdrawals.. but he does not have a licenses to write methadone... others will not touch her because she is pregnant. She was went to an genetics doctor, he advised her to keep taking the methadone, that coming off it will hurt her and the baby more than staying on it... SOOOO if anyone knows of a doctor around Memphis, TN or Nashville, anywhere close to it... that might help her and write the script for methadone, I would greatly appreciate the help or name. ty.. Desperate mother.. PLease.... ty and god speed to all of y ou who have taken it, need it or have gotten off methadone.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

The reason im sending you message i had seen were you had posted about your daughter and you were trying to find a dr. for her.I have been on methadone for close to 10 years and i was involved in car wreck drunk driver hit me i had severe head damage and fracture my neck.Any way it was the 4th of july week the dr. office was closed so i to see a dr. because my head was hurting like it has never before so i seen another doctor because i was in terrible pain so he prescribed me lortabs why i wouldn't have to extra of my methadone.So when they came back from vacation i called him to let him know he said just as long it wasn't the same medicine i told him no he said that was fine so i started begging him to do test MRI or something or i was going to find another doctor well it made him so he discharged me said i got medicine from another dr. so i was woundering did your daughter find a dr. if she did can you please give me name and number i would greatly appreciate it.I hope your daughter and grandchildren are doing.GOD BLESS

I am in position of fright for my 23 yr old son! He has attended a Methadone clinic and recently has not been able to go back to this clinic due to finacial reasons! I understand this is a very addictive drug and him not being able to financially go back has tried to ditox himself and it is very scary! I am angry at a clinic that would cut a person off due to finacial reasons knowing the circumstances of what he is going through and could possibly happen to him! Another reason I am angry is that a clinic would put a 23yr old child on this medication in the first place! I am angry, hurt and out for blood because this is my child and they are putting his help and mental state at risk! I pray and hope that people will start educating themselves about this drug before going to one of these clinics! They are clinics that help you just for the money and if you can't pay, your cut off and it's awful what my son is going through! He was not addicted to any other drugs, he just needed pain management for back pain he has had since he was young! I will find this clinic and I will be coming for blood! You messed up my childs life and dropped him for the all mighty dollar instead of easing him off this drug! My child is my life and I want answers and I will find this clinic and like I said I will not stop until you are SHUT DOWN! I will go to news papers, the governer, medical boards whatever I have to do! I will find you and you will meet me soon! I can't wait! >:(

Dr. Purvis Milnor on Estate in Memphis TN. IF SOMETHING HAPPENS YOU SHOULD SUE.

Ps. If she used Milk or if he's whom you are speaking please let me know.vic

That doctor has passed away, and the entire Memphis medical community has decided NOT to take-on any of his, specific, patients due to the medications he was infamous for prescribing... Cold-blooded?? Slightly, yes... Even the referring PC's won't help the patients they referred out to this pain specialist. Final judgment from the Memphis, TN medical community: Patient in need of help = DRUG SEEKER
In Memphis you won't FIND help. The state laws have made it impossible. Your best bet is to get an internist to help her with the withdrawal, get non-enabling friends & family together to help wherever possible, and remember that every second of her life will be (feel like) an eternity.
There ARE three methadone maintenance clinics!! They DO take pregnant women as patients, and understand that methadone is the safest option throughout pregnancy.
I realize the dates of your posts... I just thought I'd notify anyone who made note of Dr. Milnor's name.

I'm not sure where you are in Memphis but for instance I'm in Oklahoma and when I needed to enter into a clinic I had to drive a few hours out of town to another state, so maybe you can look for a clinic far out but not to far, also it is possible for you to find a doctor to give you a script of methadone but you do need valid reasons for it , and if he was taking methadone for pain management rather than addiction , he should be looking for an alternative drug, Methadone is one of the hardest drugs ever to get off of , the withdrawal is awful, so I would search around, there is also other alternatives like Suboxone

Did you ever find a doctor? I am in pain and these drs treating me like I'm a drug seeker with slipped disk and curved Neck