I have heard that there is some new therapy for patients with severe, intractable depression, is that true? I ask this because my mother has been dealing with that problem for more than 5 years and it looks like she is slowly loosing the battle. I am trying to help as much as I can and know, but she seems so unreachable sometimes. Will that new treatment help?

Perhaps we are talking about the deep brain stimulation here. It is a relatively new technique and there are still ongoing debates about its effectiveness, although I think that I have heard more positive stories about the success this treatment has. I admit though that the process itself might be a bit discomforting, because it involves the electrical stimulation of the areas that are marked as the depression producers.

I had untreatable depression my entire life from the time i was born to pretend. Doctors and treatments are complete fraud where they pretend and roleplay that its real and not a fraud. then they have pretend depressive who get pretend success. Its a bogus matrix. Real depression means you never held a job in your life, got all Fs in school, and couldnt do one single college class. No alternative treatments work either, i tried hundreds, ive done nothing but research treatments my whole adult life, all failed. Failure with constant year after year hardcore effort, i cant do anything but lie down, every momement is torture and agony

I totally understand your pain. I am also getting absolutely no help. I am living in complete hell!!! What you wrote sounds just like my life. Try to hang in there, I know it's hard.

I have had life long depression which fluctuates in intensity. I can't remember ever waking up and wanting to get out of bed. At its worst it hurts to breath. I'm sorry that you can't find any relief.