hello
over the past few years my depression has become worse and worse. i know longer know what its like to feel well and happy. you know that feeling like when somehting bad happens or you are very worried? it hasnt left me in over 2 years now and im scared. i just found out my parents might be breaking up, i cant live without them and i dont know what might happen to me and them.
please someone talk to me.

Hi! I know EXACTLY what you are feeling. I have had depresssion since I was 10, I dont know what it feels like to be happy. I have been on so many kinds of medicine, nothing really works for me..but maybe it will for you! Go and try to get on some meds!! If you ever need to talk my email is ******* Good luck!!

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

hi , i have added you to msn if you have that.
what kind of problems are you facing if you dont mind me asking?

Well if you added to msn, its********* I have just had alot of problems figuring out who I am socialy, emotionaly, and within my family. I suffer from depression, OCD, slight paranoia, MAJOR ANXIETY!! I had a somewhat traumatic experience when I was a child and have yet to really get over it because I have yet to actually face it. I have a horrible self esteem. Just add and I will tell you more!

I can relate. I'm clinically depressed and have suffered from depression for years. I know what you mean by depression getting worse. My depression seemingly gets worse and worse. I've lived in the same small city for about 29 yrs whereas I been very bored & unhappy here. After 3.5 long yrs I finally got money to move on and tried to move twice this fall. I was so depressed and felt so strange that I couldn't stay. One city me and my son went to we stayed 4 nights and came back here. And another city we went there and couldn't get ourselves to want to stay in a motel and so we came right back. Now that's pretty stupid but when you have emotional problems and you are extremely depressed this is what can happen. Anyways I hit rock bottom recently with my depression. But I can see some light at the end of this dark tunnel since I found an apartment to rent that's in another state and a city that has allot more to offer in fun things to do and quality of life. So I will be relocating in a little over a month. I am very bored and depressed here and don't know how I'm going to make it through another month here. Plus I am afraid of the emotional strangeness I know I will have to face when I do move. I think some things that combate depression are 1) doing something a little different each day and not just do the same old, same old things 2) get involved with something like a support group or activity (square dancing or class of some kind) 3) plan something fun for the weekend 4) have at least 1 or a few friends in your life 4) a sig other in your life helps but I don't think it's absolutely necessary and 5) visits to friends and family. Also going to counseling helps. I've not been to good at any of these things and my life is like living the same day over and over. That's why I'm so depressed. I'm hoping things change when I move and have a change of scenery and more things to choose to do - even way more restaurants to choose from. Anyway any comments or advice welcome. Have a nice day. God Bless!

well, i have been on the mend and im starting to feel a lot better. A month ago i was at rock bottom, my parents didnt break up it was just a scare. I began to hate everybody , my parent s my brothers, i used to think and scream inside my head horrible things at my parents as i saw them, i wanted to get up and scream at them for a reason i did not know. But then i realised that when my mother broke down in tears in front of me i had made a massive penis up and just wanted to dissapear, it upset me hugely to see what i had done to my family, they thought i needed help and thought i had severe metal issues, which is probably true i am a little crazy. But i recently discovered that my father had a condition where he would get very depressed and not be able to make it better without medication, i have been told that i have it too. When you move to this new place, i want you to go out to places, bars ect and just try make new friends, its a great feeling to know you have been accepted. Take your son with you (if he is old enough to get into a bar or pub depending on which country you are in) you say you and your son, where you once married? were you divorced? if so, it sounds silly but take a deep breath and say to yourself, 'what the hell forget about it and lets go have fun'. Wanch funy films, play games. If you feel you are not confident in making new friends, just try to motivate yourself, there are other people out there suffering the same thing, like me for instance, who are just has happy to make new friends as you are. You just need to believe you are happy, hug your son, i know it sounds silly but when i hug my parents i feel safe. Dont worry about not getting past depression because that will make it worse since it IS possible if you have thr right motivation. WHen you move seek a new job and you will earn relationships with people you work with, friends i feel are the most important thing to make you feel well, or even just someone you chat to occasionaly.
Good luck moving my friend and when you feel better dont let it slip, look at bad things and say 'i dont care'. I hope you and your son will be very happy when you move :-) see ya

Hi again and thanks for your helpful message. I enjoyed reading it. :-D Since you mentioned parents I'm wondering what your age is. This evening I feel very down; very depressed. I'm really scared of how I feel. I've lived in this small city for so long that there's nothing I want to go out and do. I've been trying to make some plans for my own little recreational park - something that wouldn't cost much to start and something people would enjoy. But I'd have to see if I could purchase a few acres of land first. I'm quite excited about my concept I've come up with but not so excited I don't feel depressed. Well I have a dvd to watch and I'm going to be on the computer tonight. And so that's my big plans for New Years Eve. My bf had to leave for a couple days but I didn't mind that since he's not the type to go out anyways. My son went out for awhile and I didn't feel up to going with him like I usually do. I was very tired but I couldn't sleep. Anyways I don't have any good medication for my depression. I really need a change in my same old, same old mundane existence I go through day after day. But until I can relocate out of this town in a month I really don't know what to do with myself. No matter what task I assign myself everyday this horrible depression lingers with me. I have a very nice, affectionate bf but still I feel so unhappy. And physically I don't feel very well. I wonder if that has much to do with my depression. Anyways I thank you for your encouraging words. I'm glad you are getting better. I enjoyed reading what you had to say. Take care. :-)

wow great idea about that park ! that should keep you entertained, draw out some pictures of it, i find drawing or just doing general design work satisfies me a lot, and once i see the end product, if its good and im happy with it, i feel good. Is it just where you are living that makes you feel down? if it im sure once you have moved you will feel fresh. When i am very despressed i do feel physicly ill, i find i have no motivation of anything so that could be the same with you. Finding things that occupy me often takes away thoughts and bad feeling, i do digital art, 3d models and level design for games, for instance, making a level for a game takes a lot more skill than you think, it takes years of work to reach an experianced level designer, and once i have finished something or see how well ive done, i feel proud about myself.
Im male and 16 years old. How old are you and whats your gender?
Its nice talking with people about the same problem, just lets you know people are suffering from the same thing as you and you have support.
see ya !

:-D I'm not quite as depressed tonight as I was last night. Thanks for your post; I enjoyed reading it. Happy New Year! :-) I can tell you're a smart kid. Hope you don't mind my calling you kid. I'll be 50 years old next month. You have your whole life ahead of you. That's great. I can tell you are very skillful & talented. I appreciated your supportive words. Your designing for games sounds very interesting. Yeah, I can't wait to relocate. But I'm afraid my deep state of depression will make it hard for me to adjust. Anyways, you take care. :-)

The best thing to do is not worry, i used to get all kind of thoughts running through my head about upcoming things, but then i realised i was making it so hard for myself and what i was thinking was actually really silly ! I know other people who have had bad depression, but they managed to get past it. Some said that they used anti-depressants, They do work, and dont worry lots of people have them. I wish you happy new year and good luck moving!