I’ve heard that FDA now has approved vagus nerve stimulation therapy as treatment for depression. I would like to try with it I’ve heard that it can change life. The therapy is unrelated to brain surgery or shock treatments as I understood so I guess it’s safe. Did anyone try vagus nerve stimulation therapy as treatment for depression?

I suffered from chronic depression for over twenty years trying every available antidepressant, including electroconvulsive therapy. Then five years ago, I was implanted with the vagus nerve stimulator in the medical breakthrough investigational clinical trial of vagus nerve stimulation therapy for chronic depression. The therapy completely changed my life.

Hello there,

Unfortunately I have heard quite opposite story. My friend who has been suffering from depression last five years has tried almost everything and of course it works for some time but then it stop and she is again back to zero.

She even tried to quit medications and therapy and she was feeling really down for whole month due this experiment.

Afterwards she has changed her approach to her illness and she started with some herbal teas and alternative medicine. This was helpful for short period of time but than again nothing.

After that vagus nerve stimulator and nothing after some time. now she is back on meds and therapy and she is training yoga. She claims that yoga is very helpful in her case so you could try it as well.