Even though I can't remember the vivid dejavu(s) that I was having each & every seizure I do know that they ALWAYS started out with the same one (being in the band in high school). The other one I can remember was playing with puppies in our barn growing up. I do believe they were always the same though. No, I don't have repetitive things going on in my life as you are describing, but what I experienced is the same as you. A neurologist won't call you crazy especially if you suggest partial seizures to him as you're explaining your symptoms. If he (she) doesn't understand what you're talking about, see another one!! I went to a neurologist (one who actually lectures) and because I went in complaining about my memory specifically, he focused on finding a reason for that, and did a little test and he didn't see any specific reasons for my on going memory problems. I did explain my seizure symptoms to him (then I thought they were panic/anxiety attacks and I called them that), and he only listened briefly to me on that subject and completely missed diagnosing me with seizures that day. It wasn't until a few months later when my family 'caught' me having two grand mal seizures in my sleep and took me to the hospital that I was diagnosed properly. I returned to this doctor & he appoligized to me stating I had definately described partial seizures to him and he missed it because he was focused on my memory problems. It can happen.......they can miss a diagnosis. Be persistant. It sounds like the partial seizures I experience, and yes, you do feel strange describing such a thing to people who have never experienced such!! I have been on anti seizure medication for a year and am seizure free after 18-20 years of not being diagnosed correctly. Don't give up!! : )

i havnt so yall are scary

I started to have these attacks when I became pregnant too. I thought it was hormones but when I am stressed they come back (my daughter is three). They come on suddenly, I feel like I am having deja vu, followed by nausea and slight dizziness. It is true, they come on out of the blue so it would be hard for me to keep a journal as well. You are not alone!

mcm28 wrote:

tori2486 wrote:

I get this about 2-3 times per week and sometimes only once every 2 weeks. Right now I think I am pregnant and I have gotten them every morning for 3 mornings now. Very frustrating! I start to see something and it makes me really dizzy, nauseas, and faint. i have to stop for a second and if anyone around me is talking it makes it worse, so i have to kind of have a freak out and say "please be quiet, don't talk to me" or it magnifies the effect. I have anxiety and I find that if I'm stress i get them more often. The weird thing about it is that when it's over, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was that made me do that in the first place. I told my doctor about it about 4-5 years ago and she told me to keep a journal of the times it happened. I only got 2 entries because I can never focus on what is making me have the Deja Vu and I can't remember it when I am done. Only approximately 3-4 people have seen my episodes and they just think its weird and have never heard of it before. I am glad to see that I am not the only one.

I would simply put a star on the calendar when they happened. It was a good thing to have record of when I finally found a doctor who officially diagnosed me. Mine came with stress and now I know these 'attacks' were simple and partial seizures. I really believe this is what you are experiencing. A neurologist can help with controllilng them. I ended up noticing memory and concentration problems after having experienced them for nearly 20 years before diagnosis. I highly recommend getting it checked out. (They didn't show up on MRIs nor EEG's, except for the EEG I had within a few hours of having grand mal seizures so make sure you doctor doesn't rely on these tests results for answers. : )

I have also been having these extreme sensations of deja vu and passing out since I was young. I grew up in the country and was always outdoors so I don't think it has anything to do with TV or computers. This started sometime around the age of 11 or 12, I am now 29. I just got the courage to go to the doctor and just as everyone else all of the test came back negative. It's very frustrating and scary not knowing what the root cause is.

Hello, Did you see a neurologist, or a family doctor? It sounds so much like partial seizures. A neurologist should listen to your description and be able to give you a good idea of what it might be. Describe your episodes as thoroughly as you can. I sure hope this helps. Since diagnoses one year ago, I am now seizure free with medication after nearly twenty years of searching. I wish there had been a forum like this many years ago! Best wishes, and don't stop searching for a doctor that will listen to you.

i have experienced the same thing. it doesnt happen often maybe years can go by. but it sux when it does. i feel like i dreamt the whole day im in. everything everyone i have experienced it before. then i get sick . when i was younger i would have to leave work and sleep i wouldnt want to go through the day like that. now i cant leave work so i stick it out my anxiety is less but i still get sick to the stomach because of the episodes keep happening all day. its hard to work throgh it. im no crazy. now something new is happening. im humming in my sleep and hear my name called and door belll ring in sleep. what is going on

Uaually it means u have something subcontinously nawing at u u should see if there is anything and if there is fix it and u should be ableto sleep and live!!! :) good luck :D

linda wrote:

Valp wrote:

I too have had some of the same experiences, as recent as today in fact (at least 3 times). Dating back to 1999, I actually passed out in the shower (then) and since I was taking Sign Language classes at the time, when people asked if I was ok, I responded with the Sign for "Yes"... they took this to mean my hand was shaking as if I was having a seizure. They did the sleep deprived EEG which found nothing. But because of the hand movement, the Dr. thought Trileptal would be the best option. Emily, be careful, if the Doctors put you on anti-seizure medication, your driving privileges can be suspended. I experienced that for about a year after the episode above.

The feelings of Deja Vu are very much like feeling as though I've been there, heard the same things, had the same conversations, food, smells, etc, and never had been there before. I feel like all the blood is draining from my face and a little nauseated. I think stress, lack of sleep and possibly anemia could have something to do with this. Another thing I notice when I experience these, I chew ice. A lot of it, I just get a cup fill it with ice and a little water or soda, I'm more interested in crunching the ice than the drink. Does this happen with any of you?

The deja vu's have been happening more lately, but for about 3-5 years prior, I didn't have them. It is nice to know that there are other people experiencing the same thing. Just wish we could figure out why.

I would suggest seeing a neurologist and describe everything in detail. Feeling sick after these episodes is very common. You may very well be experiencing a type of seizure.

My story is very broad and interesting and i think I might have a temporary selution. My story begins as a 4 year old boy and leads up to where I am nou a 18 year old young adult that have been accepted into my dreamcollage. 

Anyway when I was about 4 I had these nightmare where I get the dajavu in my sleap and get tge attack and cant escape the dream, it feels like iv seen this a milion times and I feel like im sucked down to hell, it usualy took my perants 5 to 10 min to wake me up and when I am finaly awake I simply cant remember what happend accept that it was horrable, I actualy only remembered that dreams less than a month ago fortge 1st time, but i am getting ahed of myself.

These nightmares went on till about the age of 13 and I never had it while awake, sometimes I escape the dream and the attack went on while awake but nevver started awake, I was terrifyed, not knowing what it was and why it happened, I usualy thought I was dead and being sent to hell,. Also while it happened I could sudenly remember my feelings of previous timea but never actualy remembering what I dreamed. 

Then for 5 years I had so much peace, I didint even know about the nightmares becuze I always forgot them, It didnt happen at all. But then to cellebrate finnishing school and got into collage me and my best friend got some pot, the first time we tryed it together and I just got dejavu and nothing else so I enjoyed it, the next day I decided to smoke the joint I had left and took a nice bath right after I smoked and there in tge bath I started to see childhood memorys playing out before me when I had my eyes closed and sudenly I remembered one of the dreams, wich made me so scared that I jumped right out of the bath and started to get extream dejavu, almost like it keeped happening over and over and i can actualy hear my previous thoughts, I thought I was stuvk in a infanite loop and there is no escape, I tryed doing wierd things just so it can feel new, I rushed to the computer and whatched series I never whatched before and felt like i can say tge words in time with them, I have never felt so alone in ny appartment and cryed end prayed and begged for it to stop but it all in deja vu, it lasted for about 3 min the extream feeling before I could pull myself out

I was still shakeing and felt like I can still remember everything that ia happening but the madenung rush have stoped, so I played music and prayed for about 2hours before falling asleep.

The next day i still felt some degree of dejavu and constantly battled to keep a grip on reality as I started to rwmember all my childhood nightmaeres.

After I got it out of my system I thought I just smoked 2much and my friends told me it was just a bad trip andI have nothing to fear, so a week later I took a single pull at a party and sudenly I felt the same dejavu and tingle from the back of my scalp captuaring me in a web of fear, but I started to text my beat friend who ia the only one ive told about this and I kept my mind from going there. Now its two weeks later and I hevent came near alcohol or weed since and dont plan to ever! But today for the whole day I had yo battle thiss feeling when it comes by accepting that its happening but not letting me fear it becuze its the fear that pulls you into an attack, and I think of other things till it goes away. 

Now that I underatand more or less what is happening I feel I bit more in control and less scared of my attacks, in the past i thought it was supernatrual and that i was in hell when it happened, but now I can fight back mentaly.

I also push memmorys of the dreams out of my mind, its wgen you try to grasp that the attack gets the better of you.

I would say this is the worst thing that can happen with a person, I would surcomsize myself with a spoon if it will make that I never feel it again as strong as the night in the bath.

Hope this helps some of you avoid some attacks, God bleds!

I too have prayed about this and have always thought it was a spirutual thing, but it seems more and more like a menta thing, I pray for healing now for me and every one who are hounted by this life changeing horror

THIS IS CRAZY. I am 47 and soon to be 48. I have been your way.my way since I was in kindergartgen, Emily. Today I just realized this. We are not nuts Emily. I did not realize any of it until I read something in a doctor's office. I think we have anxiety. I have an appointment with a doctor who knows answers Wed 12/19/12. Shelley

I CANNOT believe that I am NOT the only one in the world that suffers with this! Thank goodness you and others have written about your experiences. It has taken me years to figure out what triggers these 'episodes'. I now have a clear pattern...2-3 nights with not enough sleep/going to bed late + a dose of stress = weird deja vu episodes. It has to be the most dreadful feeling I have ever experienced. I can almost feel it coming because I will get several short bursts of mild deja vu broken up throughout the day and it accumulates into an 'episode' that lasts about 30 seconds and leaves me with a hangover feeling.                                              Sometimes when I get a very intense episode it feels like if I momentarily succumb to it, there feels like what I can only describe as a feeling of intense comfort and familiarity from the deja vu faces/feelings/experiences that I am bombarded with at that particular moment. It is so bizarre and surreal that it makes me feel sick and I feel like there is ice-cold water being poured over my head and down my soulders. The strangest thing of all is that the 'memories' that flash back in that second are completely and utterly real and already known to me and yet afterwards I know that they are not. I have learnt to deal with it now by knowing my pattern of stress+lack of sleep will make the experiences happen and that I am not going out of my mind and I can deal with it. I am just so pleased to know that I am not alone and I can now tell family and friends that I have found other people who are also experiencing this too! Thank you for posting. By the way, I have found that 5-HTP works very well in dealing with the stress and more importantly, it works quickly...in 3-5 days for me. Hope that helps someone!!

I would have to say that you have described what I have been trying to describe to others, to a 'T'! It's very hard to explain what it feels like, isn't it! These are partial seizures, simple/complex. After nearly 20 years of experiencing these (I thought they were anxiety attacks), I was finally diagnosed when I began having grand mal seizures as well. I went from having as many as 14 of these episodes that you've described, in one month to zero since the 1st day I was put on medication. Stress was always my trigger. So glad you found this site. I wish I had found it years ago. The way you have described the deja vu is EXACTLY how it would be for me. When the 'attack' would be over, I found it extremely hard to remember what was just so vivid in my mind a minute before. A neurologist can help you. ; )

My EEG was clear as well, except shortly after I started having grand mal seizures. My partial seizures did not show up on any EEGs. What you are describing sounds very much like my simple/complex partial seizures. You really should suggested this to your neurologist. After nearly 20 years of experiencing what you are decribing, very much believing I was having anxiety attacks, I was finally diagnosed correctly and after the very first dose of medication I have had no more of these deja vu episodes (partial seizures). There is help!! : )