This year, I started to smoke marijuana. I've smoked it a few times until three days ago. I've smoked too much of it and got a horrible panic attack. I've been sitting on the floor more than two hours thinking I'm going to die. The whole world was rotating and twirling around me and my hearth was beating so fast that I thought I have a heart attack. I took a deep breath and told myself everything's gonna be alright. My friend told me: Stay calm, it's just a temporary effect of a drug. It's not dying. Ok, I've survived. But on the next day, I've got anxiety attack three times. I'm 18 and I've never had any anxiety in my life. But marijuana teached me. Last three days, I've had 7 anxiety attacks. My anxiety attack consists of headache and feeling powerless and crazy. I want to know just one thing. Are those anxiety attacks going to stop? Are they here because of THC still being in my body? Or am I going to experience them for the rest of my life? Thank you for your response and sorry for my poor english, I'm not a native english speaker.

I know the feeling.

Well don't worry nothing wrong happendes besides the horrible feeling.

My advice smoke less ( recently that happend to me i am smoking once every week, last time i smoke was 2 or 3 weeks ago) if you abuse of cannabis it's not gonna bring nothing good and don't smoke alone that its the most horrible thing ever can be an easier trigger to panic attacks as if you are with people you get distracted because of conversation, another thing I know it might be hard when high because we all get paranoid about this things but try not to over think to much about this smoke when your feeling good, happy dont smoke when your down depressed that it's bad, tho cannabis it's a good healer for depression it might be horrible for whos really in the bottom ..

Hope I helped you 

Take care :)

I've already stopped smoking and those crazy panic attacks are affecting me every day even though I don't smoke. I fear that I'm going to have them for the rest of my life.

You won't have them for the rest of your life, they've stopped at some point to me, I've smoked after that and I was just fine just make sure that when you smoke you are around friends in a good mood, not depressed or in a bad mood because some times that can trigger a panic attack

I had a similar experience about 5 months ago when I smoked too much salvia. I also was high already from smoking weed but I assume the salvia was the trigger. When I had my first attack I had the same feelings; difficulty breathing, racing pulse, diziness, and the fear of death mostly. After that event I have been having smaller attacks at random, but they are becoming less frequent and much more managable. Don't let your anxiety keep you away from the things you love to do. A common thing people try to do once they start having anxiety attacks is trying to avoid situations where they feel uncomfortable. The attacks themselves are just a flight or fight response, and typically running away just makes them worse. Your anxiety wont go away overnight, however, the best thing you can do is to not run away from it, don't let it impare your day to day life. A lot of psychologists actually treat anxiety by inducing attacks in their patients. I don't recommend you see a psychologist unless the attacks become unbearable. Another common thing that anxiety patients face is the fear that this is a medical issue such as diabetes, gerd, or that there is something wrong with their heart. This is to the pain or cramping after the attack which is just due to irregularities in blood flow. Pretty much, don't run away from your anxiety - it will only make it worse. These attacks will subside and get better. As for quitting marijuana, it is really up to you. I have smoked without an attack since my first panic attack and I feel that facing my fear of having a panic attack REALLY helped, but it is really up to you. Best of luck to all of you out there.

Exactly. I've smoked for 5 years until one day I didn't have any left. No one had any and I was completely out of money.. The next day a girlfriend of mine came over with some Blue Dream. I loaded a nice bowl and we smoked outta my brand new Blue Dot. We both took about 4 hits each then went into my room to listen to music. Instantly my palms were getting sweaty and my mind started to really trip. (Way way more then usal) I then had to turn off the lights as lights shinning were tripping me out. Then turned off the music and laid down with her.. My heart was going crazy and I couldn't swallow my arms were super tingly and numb also my head was tingly. I ran into my parents room and said I think I'm dying I smoked way to much idk what's wrong with me. I told them please just talk to me don't scare me just comfort me. They did and about a hour later I was feeling a bit better.. Next day I woke up fine, did some yark work, visited my dad at work, got tags on my car and everything was normal. Got back home and took a little hit from the bong as bom instantly another aniexty attack. Went into my moms room tripping balls telling them to please then off the lights then back on the lights. I kept walking inside and out my breathing was again crazy I said lets go to the hospital but my sister offered me a xanex .25mg so i took it and by the time I was ready to go to the hospital I was coming down from my attack. Well all night I felt better until 120am I decided to smoke one little hit.. Worse idea ever!! Went back into a panic attack and had to have my sisters boyfriend talk me to sleep after he have me another xanex. Next morning I work up and everything was differnt. My mind was haze and everything felt dream type I started freaking out just from being in my room so I asked them to take me to the DR. The rushed me over to the ER where they gave me 1mg xanex for the attacks until I saw my primary careholder who I guess is going to give me a daily dose of aniexty meds. That night I had a Gf sleep over and we just slept all day and night the Xanax knocked me out so it was nice to just hold her and sleep. The next day we woke she left and I had to run to the store wit my dad. I took a xanex incase I needed it but soon as we got into his hummer I felt like I needed it. Took it and felt absolutely amazing the rest of the day. I actually felt "normal" for once since. I believe I'm just going though whithdraws of not smoking cannibis now but my cloudy mind is gone and I just get anxious easy. I believe that will go away over time, from what Ive read it takes 4-10 days for thc to leave th brain. Everyday is getting better I promise you. Stay strong and pray! I don't always go to church but I know that god needed to repair my soul. Today I went to church I stayed 8 mins because of my bad aniexty. I prayed and grabbed some holy water. In times like this we just need faith and to remember this anxiety thing is only short term when cause by cannibis!! I'm only taking xanex when I feel I need it! I woke up today tho feeling great but I took a pill about 4 hours before church so I can see I'm slowly getting better! Have hope we all go though this and time will heal our souls. Just stop smoking weed for good. After going though this it shows how much better we are without any drugs. <3 :)