I too have had these "negative, reoccurring Deja Vu's". Just had one five minutes ago which kicked my anxiety into high gear and reminded me to search online if this happens to others.

It happens to me quite a lot, I just turned 35 and have suffered with anxiety ever since I got out of a really abusive relationship. So I'm surmising that my PTSD from that relationship is what is causing the negative feelings during the Deja Vu's.

It's quite disconcerting to have them just suddenly happen when doing mundane tasks. I halfway expect a phone call to tell me something bad has happened, or the police to show up at the door or something similar sending my anxiety out of control.

Helps seeing others have the same "negative Deja Vu's" happen to them. I *should* know better than to allow myself to get worked up over them, especially since I've had them so often before, but my anxiety doesn't listen to me!

I am having an episode now. It is comforting to hear others have been through it. Can anyone let me know what worked?

I am in the same boat at you, been having this for 12 years now and reading this gave me so much hope. I am struggling to find answers and to move on with my life. I'm tired of being sick

hello, i have recently/almost on a daily basis, been having extreme accurate episodes of deja vu, i t has only been happening over the past 2-3 months, although i had (at the same time it started happening) done a larger quantity of ketamine in a short period of time, i am not a heavy nor a lightweight. i am a 17 year old male

I am a 52 yr old female and have experienced this occasionally for the last 16 years. I had an episode yesterday which prompted me to search online, so am relieved to find others who also experience this. It's happened to me the first time in the shower, when I felt as though there was a crackling or electrical interference sound inside my brain. Yesterday it was a case of a feeling of dread, linked to a dream or deja-vu feeling of anxiety, feeling like I was on 'pause' for a few seconds although was at work, so don't know what they made of it, although nobody said anything. I felt clammy, skin crawling, and had to go to the toilet urgently after the second bout yesterday. It happened about 4 times yesterday, the last time being when I was driving, which was scary. I did not sleep well the night before and whilst I have been stressed at work, I think it was more to do with lack of sleep. However, am going to see my doctor about this as I am sufficiently concerned and now realise it's not my imagination, so thank you to everyone who has posted their experiences. Just one thing to add is that I don't suffer from depression, but the feeling of dread yesterday left me feeling really bad, as if there was an imbalance. I don't smoke or take any recreational drugs and have a couple of coffees a day.

Yikes...why would you do this to yourselves.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety & mild depression for the last 2 months. I am worrying about things before they've happened, such as, when I'm in the car I think it's going to break down, if the heating makes a noise I'm convinced it's about to blow up etc. I've also been having these episodes like de ja vu. My heart starts to beat fast & I feel like I'm in a dream. I get dizzy & start to breathe fast & feel shaky. They can happen any time, even when I'm sitting watching tv. Is this an anxiety attack?? I'm taking fluoxetine. The doctor also gave me diazepam but only briefly.

Sounds like epilepsy. I started having similar episodes at age 12 and was diagnosed at age 14. Currently I take Keppra and no longer have deja vu/derealizarion/anxiety. My memory is poor though, which I think is also due to temporal lobe epilepsy.

I had the same about a year ago intense Deja vu combined with what I can only describe as a sudden rush through my entire body and a feeling of terrible anxiety. They are scary and cool at the same time, after the first one I wanted another! However I have now had three in the last three days and I don’t like it, they leave me light headed, a little tired a little nauseous.

Nightmarish Deja-Vu And Anxiety, I started experiencing these Nightmarish Deja-Vu 2 years ago, as if I m reliving a dream with the feelings of dread and confusions, my GP referred me to see a neurologist and I had to give my License away as my GP had the suspession I might’ve Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, I had EEGs, Sleep deprived EEG and MRI scans which found nothing Saw two neurologist both gave me a clean bill of health, told me it could be due to my life style and doing unsocial hours at work, Cut a long story Short was able to get my Driving License after 14 months suspension was prescribed Citilopram 20mg which worked for a couple of months with odd episodes of Nightmarish Deja-Vu And Anxiety, But my situation got worst started having these Nightmarish Deja-Vu 4-5 times a day with severe anxiety, was sick of my life, had an appointment with a new GP at my surgery and that CHanged my Life :) , had a very good conversation, he had studied my bio history in full detail He asked me if I am willing to try Pregabalin (Lyrica) 50mg twice a day which is a very low dose, it changed my life, I have my life back feeling 10years younger, cured both, no more anxiety nor Dejavu, never felt so good in such A long time anyone who is suffering from similar conditions should read this ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

For me it was Pregabalin (lyrica) cures both anxiety and Dejavus

I've suffered from déjà vu brought on anxiety attacks since 2012, I was 24. These attacks come out of no where, there's no stress, drugs, alcohol, or sleep deprivation involved. I'm doing an everyday thing like typing an email or having lunch with a friend and all of a sudden, it's like my brain surges and my body reacts by having my left shoulder through my hand go numb, I get nauseated, dizzy, and I start to sweat. I start to visualize bizarre things from my past, a video game character from my childhood, an old crush, all in a span of seconds. I then spend the next minute trying to control my reactions, stop myself from being sick, to calm down. I get them a few times a year, but have experienced years where I'll have nearly a dozen.
I used to try to figure out what triggered it, but by thinking everything I was thinking before, I've caused relapses... I don't do it anymore. I've always figured it was something in my brain chemistry causing them, and I only wish I knew how to prevent them.

When I was younger I used to have these terrible episodes that felt like extreme deja vu and hallucinations. It always ended with an extreme migraine... it would happen to me atleast once a month... hasn't happened in years and maybe smoking weed helps prevent it. Always when I thought it would never happen again it would happen.