hi. i had colonic cancer recurrence after three years and had surgery middle of last year. i did not undergo chemotherapy as recommended. as ordered by my gastroenterologist, i had ultrasound tests last week. the sonologist told me that there may already be metastases to the liver, kidney, gallbladder, ovary and uterus. have not returned to my gastro yet though. now there's blood in my urine and a slight pain on my left - probably because of the kidney. now my question is, considering my condition, is it okay to take augmentin and hemostan? my urologist prescribes augmentin when i have infection and/or have bloody urine. your opinion would be most highly appreciated.

Hi! Only your doctor or a pharmacist can answer you that. I'm not a doctor nor a pharmacist. This is what I found on the net, so you can do the same research too. Augmentin is used to treat many different infections caused by bacteria, such as sinusitis, pneumonia, ear infections, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and infections of the skin. Do not use Augmentin if you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanate potassium, or any other penicillin antibiotic. You shouldn't be taking it if you liver is damaged. Now you can find a lot of information about hemostan too, but please don't take it without first talking to a pharmacist or a doctor. Take care.