My firstborn daughter is now 8 months old and I've only had one period since she was born. That was now 35 days ago and I think I might be pregnant but I've taken 7 home preg tests and all are negative. Is it normal to be irregular when your cycle is starting back up? I'm still breastfeeding my baby 5 times a day so I can't tell if my breasts are getting bigger or are swollen. I do have nausea, fatigue, constipation, and horrible evening headaches but I am not sure if that is stress related since all of the home preg tests have been negative. I think I may be under stress because my husband's only two siblings had baby boys this week and that makes me stressed out because we would also like to get pregnant with a boy. Please help. I'm going to the doctor later today to get a blood pregnancy test.

Hi deborah, the first thing I thought of is because you are breast feeding, just know that breastfeeding is ALSO used for contraception - granted with not that great statistics - but because you are still lactating your brain thinks you are still pregnant. So your periods will be here and there. Due to your irregular periods, it will be hard for you to tell the doctor when was your last regular period. The chances are STILL there that you can be pregant, but they are diminished due to you breastfeeding. Also due to your stress level, you can create an environment for your body to think it is pregnant.

I hope you don't mind me asking this question Deborah - I just like to understand situations - but since your baby is 8 months old, can I ask why you are "Stressed out about your husbands siblings having boys this week" Has something happened before that makes you feel you need to have a baby as soon as possible after your other child?