I am taking clomid at 50mg, the doctor said i ovulated after i had progesterone serum on day 21. it is now day 35 and i haven't had my period. I get cramps sometimes like i'm going to get it but then nothing. I have very sore breasts like i've never had before. I took a pregnancy test day 28 which was negative and day 34 which was also negative. Is it possible to ovulate and then just not have a period? I had an ectopic pregnancy in june that ended in july of this year after shots of methotrexate. it was my third round of clomid. should i be worried that it's another ectopic because my hpt were negative then as well even though i was pregnant? can worry stop you from getting your period even if you definitely ovulated?

Can you please update me on your situation? I am looking for others like me: I came off the pill in July since my husband and I wanted to start trying. Long story short - no period since then - so its been 5 months with no periods. I do, however, have symptoms of ovulating and am pretty sure I ovulate every month. To be sure, a few weeks ago I felt I was ovulating - tested it and it came out positive. Its been 3 weeks and still no period. No article offers any help for us having this problem. My Dr. dismisses it as no problem and her solution is Clomid. She tested me for PCOS and every other condition possible and I am a perfectly healthy 26 year old woman. They say, no period means you didnt ovulate and there is no other answer - but how could this be if I AM ovulating? My husband and I havent started trying yet until my body goes back to normal. I am just looking to talk to others like me! I know I can probably take Clomid and or other fertility drugs but why cant my problem be explained?!

I am having the same problem and beginning to go to an RE to get tested. Did you figure out what it was for you?

Hi, just wondering what answers you have got to this problem? I am in a simlar situaton. :-)

Hi all,
I have a similar problem. After giving birth to my son, I went 18 month without a period. Part of that was because of nursing, but I weaned him at a year. I've always had irregular periods. What has helped me the most is the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. This book is so great for women like us who have irregular or no periods at all. By the way, when we don't get a period there is only two reasons: 1 We didn't ovulate. 2. We ovulated and we're pregnant. If you ovulate and don't get pregnant you WILL get a period. So for those who aren't getting periods month after month, you're probably like me and going through an anovulatory time in your life (meaning you're not ovulating). The book I mentioned tells you some ways you can help determine whether you're ovulating, the main way is by taking your temperature each day. When you ovulate you temperate noticeably goes up and stays up above the other temps for 10-16 days.
I started my first round of clomid in December. I didn't ovulate on the first dose but this month on my second dose I did ovulate. That was the first time I'd ovulated since I got pregnant with my son. So clomid can be really helpful for some people.

Has anyone found a solution to their problems? I had my daughter 9 months ago but still no period. I am not breastfeeding but did have a D & C surgery right after for retained placenta. I went on BC for about 3 weeks (4 months ago) just to see if that would jump start my period but nothing. Im not sure if I am ovulatin but right now am having (left) sore breast and am very very bloating. I almost look 6 monthspregnant but did a test yesterday that came out negative. Has anyone found any solutions?