Hi, I am a teenager who has recently been faced with a problem

Ever since I have had a couple nocturnal emissions I began wearing underwear to bed. I eventually stopped waking up to find an emission and now when I wake up with black underwear there are no or few stains. However when there are no stains, after around an hour some light stains begin to be visible on the dark underwear but I'm not sure if they are from an emission as the stains are not in the centre of the underwear and they are not thick and crusty at all- there isn't even an odour. Could this be a sweat salt stain? Please help, I would really appreciate it.

The best way to prevent nocturnal emissions is to masturbate before going to sleep.

Masturbation is relaxing, pleasant, enjoyable, harmless, healthy, normal, and contributes to restful sleep if done before going to bed.

Masturbation is necessary to satisfy the ongoing male physical need to discharge semen to prevent and relieve pain from overfilled seminal vesicles. Frequent masturbation prevents wet dreams. Regular ejaculation is associated with better prostate health. Masturbation is a great stress reliever.

One may masturbate as much or as little as one wishes. There is an amount of time (called the refractory period) that one must wait before doing it again. Some teens find they need to do it three times a day. You may do it again whenever you feel ready.

One may do it in any place where one has privacy. There is no upper or lower age limit for masturbation.

In bed at night or in the shower are two favorite places to masturbate.

The internally-lubricated movable nerve-laden, erogenous foreskin and its gliding action is an important aid to masturbation.

Circumcision was introduced to unforeskin the penis and make it impossible to masturbate. It did not stop masturbation but it made it harder to do and perhaps less enjoyable.

How one does it depends on whether one has an internally lubricated movable foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or whether you have been unforeskinned.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is glide your foreskin back and forth. The foreskin is internally lubricated with lymphatic fluid and glides without friction. The numerous nerves inside the foreskin are stimulated by the motion and generate pleasurable sensations.

Long and vigorous masturbation can cause the foreskin to become edematous and swollen, which is painless and not a cause for alarm. The edema usually goes down within about 24 hours. Pulling back too hard is apt to stretch the frenulum and may tear it.

If you are unforeskinned and the skin is taut and immovable, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Friction burns are common when a male without foreskin masturbates without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva.

It is common for an unforeskinned male, who has been deprived of his in ternally lubricated foreskin, to have friction irritation if he does not apply external lubricant.