My 11 yr old grandson says he wakes up during the night to find his underwear wet, the bed is not wet, he thinks that is urine, he gets upset. Can wet dream cause the underwear to be so wet? he used to wet his bed up to age 9.

A wet dream is also known as a nocturnal emission; it is actually the release of semen through ejaculation. It is one of the signs of the start of puberty. If your grandson's underwear is wet, then it is just a case of bed-wetting. A nocturnal emission or ejaculation would only be a little spotty, sticky area in the underwear and he wouldn't even notice it. there is nothing to worry about, it is completely normal, almost all males go through this phase and he will grow out of it. I would advise you or someone else to sit down with him and talk about this. If you are uncomfortable talking about it with him, you can give him something to read, or you can consult your doctor about speaking with him.

Now, for the bed-wetting, I would consult a doctor about it, because at this age, he really shouldn't be wetting the bed. He may have a bladder control problem that can be treated with some minor medications.

I wish you the best of luck!

my cousins 15 and he wets the bed O.o

he has to pee before bed.. that way his bladder is empty..

i think its just to do with havin a weak bladder..

It depends on how wet it is, dont forget your grandson may not know any different and assume that anything liquid down there is pee. Perhaps explain to him what wet dreams are and describe what semen looks like, Maybe ask him a bit more about what he is finding or if it really comes to it then have a look yourself at his underwear (if he is comforable with that of course). I would've thought if it was pee then it would be on the bed aswell where as an ejaculation is so small (especailly at 11) that it wouldnt be unusual to not get through his underwear. If it is pee then some professional help might be good for him if its a wet dream then just knowng what it is for him is going to be good. if it is a wet dream then this does = the begining of puberty!