Hello. I'm 25 year old female and just recently I have heard one very scary thing that got me pretty worried.
I have always knew that my best friend had problems with her sleep at night. She even had some sleep walking episodes in her life but nothing serious.
Just recently, she has told me one confidential thing! Supposedly, her psychiatrist diagnosed her with some condition called nocturnal eating disorder and it has something to do with eating in sleep. At that moment when I heard about this- it sounded to me like some horror movie.
Is it really that serious as it sounds? Please tell me more about this!

Well, I have read some stuff about this disorder and I will tell you everything I know about it. Although, it sounds really scary- it is simply sleep disorder. Some people claim that this is nothing more than one type of nigh walking syndrome. Basically, people with this disorder experience episodes of eating during sleep, without being aware of what they are doing.
It is more common among women. All I know about it, like I already said, is that Nocturnal eating syndrome is regarded as extrinsic sleep disorder and treated that way. Supposedly, it can be easily medicamentously treated like all other sleep disorders!

You may show signs of nocturnal eating disorder. If you eat more after dinner than during meal and delay your first daily meal, that may be nes. Persons with nes wake frequently and eat. In the morning, they feel guilty and shame. Stress is probably trigger or cause of nes. Your body is trying to neutralize stress hormone cortizol by carbohydrates. It would be better for you to ask your physician for professional advice.