Just wondering if anyone can shed some light. A month ago i went on vacation to disney with my family. The first symptom i got was left arm pain, which i had previously been experiencing on and off for about a year. I had looked into this before, and had an mri done of my upper spine but everything checked out okay. So, While doing all that walking in disney, i started feeling extreme fatigue. Then came the tightness in my chest, or more like a squeezing feeling in my diaphram, Then the palpitations. By the end of the trip i was only able to get around in a scooter and im only 29 years old. The last day there i thought i was going to have a heart attack. I went to the emergency room. They told me about an abnormality in my ekg which may or may not be WPW. I left the hospital feeling worse than when i went in. When i got home, i went straight to the emergency room over here. I had an xray of my chest, an echo cardiogram, a cat scan with contrast of my heart and lungs and a stress test. They all came back negative, and the electrophysiologist assured me that i do not have wpw, and thinks i should start playing tennis. They told me i was depressed and needed medicine. Another doctor suggested that i was bulemic and asked me if i had issues and forced myself to throw up. I went back again to the hospital when i felt the same exact way two days later and still no answers. I couldnt even walk to the bathroom without assistance because i was so lightheaded. This time they said my d-dimers were high, in the 500 range and repeated a chest cat scan to check for pulmonary embolisms. And doppler study of legs to check for clots, all negative. In the mean time i dropped twelve pounds in a week, and still felt the same exact way. Chest pains, tightness in chest, heart palpitations like crazy if i turned a certain way, extreme lightheadedness. They told me to go home and get psychiatric help! To make a long story short, i have since gained my weight back, and have tried to ignore these things that my mind was making up. In the meantime, i have seen a pulmonologist, a cardiologist, a neurologist and soon will see an infectious disease doctor. My lungs are fine, My mri of the brain came back fine. I am currently wearing an event monitor to rule out heart issues and had to repeat the stress test because as it turns out, the one i took in the hospital came back as being + for ischemia, which im told can be a false postive. I had more blood work done and it seems that my protien count is very high, and i got a positive for lyme, i was told not a high number but enough to give a postive, which is why i am seeing the infectious disease doctor soon. Obviously something is going on here, i may just snap and attack the next doctor who suggets anxiety and depression!! Im very scared because i know my body, and for a whole month i have not felt like myself. I dont know what triggered it but i cant imagine it to be lyme, i dont ever recall being bit by a tick ever! I was told you can get a false postive, but the high protein levels are curious to me. I really feel like noone has answers for me. As of now the palpitations are not as bad, and are actually worse after a big meal. I feel like there is cat lying on my diaphram at all times, and the lightheadedness and the fatigue seem to come and go. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the heck is going on with me? No doctor can tell me why there are slight but signifigant changes in my ekg compared with one from two years ago, noone can tell me why my d-dimers were in the 500 range when two days prior they were 50-70, noone can tell me why my protien count is so high, or what is causing me to feel dizzy for 4 weeks straight. I also keep feeling a weird pressure under my left rib cage. ???

Also, this is very amusing to me, a doctor sat me down and looked me in the eye and said, there is a demon in your life. The sooner you figure out what that is and get rid of it, the better you will feel. Or how about, next time you have pain in your arm, close your eyes and take a deep breath and tell yourself, its all in your mind. Its amazing. Some of them, not all, are truley amazing.

Hey Am so sorry for what u're going through I have almost the same conditions and I went to 8 doctors for now an believe me my story is no better than urs :) they asked for braind an spinal MRI's which cam back normal and they decided that I have GAD and others said that I have deppresion which really made me depressed lol I hv new symptoms every 22 or 3 weeks which is affecting on my studdies and personal life .. I was thinking for going to USA as i heared that they pay more attantion for people who have similar symptoms as in my region they stuck every neurological symptom to pshyciatric conditions !! 

That would be the day I let a dr. tell me that. I was feeling palpitations, lightheaded, pain down my left arm (not constantly) and a pinch in my left shoulder blayde constantly and always felt tired and very drained as I had to push myself to do anything. This all was happening over a period of 4 to 6 months. I also was getting these shock like feelings that shot through me. One morning I had the pain shooting down my arm and ir would come and go. From that I thought I was having a panic attack again (as I deal with that as well and yet to this day) so I took one of my anxiety pills and laid down. Needless to say the pain would get stronger each time it would come back. I then had taken an aspirin appr. 1/2 hr. after this all started and by the time my co-worker came over I told him to drive me as fast as he could to the hospital. When I got there the pain was so bad I couldn't stand it. They took me right away and did an ekg and put a nitroglycerin patch on me. The ekg was a bit off but they told me it wasn't nothing real concerning but because it did show that little bit they kept an eye on my troponin levels. Through that and the ekg- they were able to diagnose that I had a mild heart attack. They decided because of my troponin levels continueing to elevate that they were going to take a look through a catherization and untill then when they did that they had to put a stent in as my widow maker atery was 80% clogged. They told me that even though it was a mild heart attack I was very lucky because if it would not have been mild I could have died. I was 37 when this happened and now - amazingly but unfortunately - I had to go through this for dr.s to start believing of all the aches and pains and fatigue and you name it. I believe these were all signs leading up to the heart attack. Ekg's in my opinion are not promising to me - it's your troponin levels that really count. I have now just recenlty found out that I have a vitimin D deficiency to. Have you had blood work done for any vitanin deficiencies? This is blood work that not even my regular or heart dr. haven't even have me get. It was my arthritis and osteoperosis dr. that asked for it. I use to think alot of it was in my head but now i don't take anything for granted anymore or even try to tell myself it's in my head. We know how we feel and if you feel these dr[s are not listening -FIND ANOTHER - get another opinion. I certainly had my share of them and I am getting results finally even though I have different drs for the different things wrong with me. Most importantly - don't give up - you will find a good dr out there somewhere to give you answers to your problems.

might be depression anxiety nuroses problem

Hi there, I read your post and had the exact same issues. After doing thousands of hours of research and having a few science degrees myself, i discovered what this is.

This is a nervous system disorder, it occurs when the electrical impulses or signals around the body react seemingly out of wack with your environment and it can be extremely unsettling. The next time it happens drink a warm cup of water with a few tea spoons of cayenne pepper for a fix within a few minutes. Cayenne will stimulate your nervous system at the same time as regulate it and relax any constricted arteries (from anxious stress).   For a long term fix 90% of these cases are psychological, so usually when you read info like this and learn there are ways to control it and it is not actually going to hurt you, your subconscious will learn not to react to your conscious over analyzing every little thing that occurs in your body. The fact doctors are generally ill informed re all this certainly does not boost confidence. For the rest of causes, nervous system disorders can be due to medications / drugs / certain paints and chemicals and lack of certain nutrients and metals in the diet or an excess of certain metals in the diet. I know Blackmores do vitamin pill for Nervous system support that has all the correct balance of metals in it and it is mainly B vitamins. If you wish to slow heart rate quickly cold water to the face (and body if you can) then sit in front of a fan (it will slow instantly as your nervous system prepares to lower oxygen usage thinking you are under water).

A good way to fix the psychological aspect of it permanently is to do what goes against every bone in your body and when it happens go for a flatout run! try get your heart rate as high as you can. At first you will seriously scare yourself, but you will then realize thats it.. nothing comes after.. and what was once fear of a potential heart failure is now in the past. Remember the tests you had done are extremely capable of detecting even the smallest things wrong the fact that nothing went wrong was because your subconscious believed you were safe in the hands of medical staff.

!You know I would just like to say to all the people out there who go see multiple doctors only to be told that it is in their head; don't give up you know your body better than them...tell them to find it or give me my money back...I went to multiple docs over a three year period almost on deaths door literally could not get off the couch...dizzy, nausea, overall feeling of unwell...stools were not correct...just bad all the way around..was told I was crazy by one...had Irritable Bowel Syndrone by another and Anxiety by another...finally my ob doc...agreed to do a total Hysterectomy and low and behold after multiple MRIs and colonoscopy's and barium enimas and all the goodies he opens me up and freaks....calls in another surgeon...They do a resection on my colon...as I am filled with endometrion tumors in my whole abdomen cavity...one has almost pinched of my colon completely they think it is cancer (my doc was whiter than me) and I can tell they think Lawsuit coming our way...I had heart palps...dizzy...ab pain...just all kinds of feelings....so don't let these yahoos on this forum tell you not to follow your gut feeling...two months after my surgery...I did not sue..by the way..I don't believe in it.... I was on the happy train...I was kayaking, surfing and living life to it's fullest...!!! Good Luck and don't give up until you find a doc who will listen and understand and do your own research and take some vitamens too!! Can't hurt.....