ive been on lexapro for almost 3 years and i dont know what to do. I had panic attacks every day for along time, lexapro then started working for me but i now have a constant headache and anxiety throughout the day as well. lately my left arm hurts and been having slight chest pain that comes and goes.

Been tested a million times(ekg, echo, blood, xray)

i dont know what to do..
i tried to get off of it and it made panic attacks come back

I have bben suffering like you having terrible pains in chest and in my left arm had one today - thought I was going to die. Are you still on Lexapro? I need to start taking something now and my Doc has prescribed Citalopram. I have also been tested a million times and I am seeing cardiologist next week as I am having constant flutters and weird dizziness all the time even when I am not anxious. Are you any better since you last posted a note on this site?

I have been having a similiar experience, I suffer from panic attacks, and have been on Lexapro (10mg) for about two years ago, I recently lowered dose (as instructed by my MD) to start weening off the medicine, but now am experiencing nervousness, tingling in feet and numbness in left arm, aslo a heavy feeling in chest that comes and goes. I don't know what to do, these symptoms are leading me back down the panick attack road, but I was really hoping to get off the meds. Any suggestions.
Kendrew

ive been having panic attacks 4 some years now on and off, going thru a bad patch again at the moment but i got this book a few yrs ago and its v. helpful. its by Aine Tubridy and its called 'when panic attacks'.its very good. and it comforts me wen i read it to know that i am not going mad, and the sensations of dizziness, arm pain, fear, pins and needles are all just triggered by adrenaline. knowledge really is power!!! when you know whats going on in ur body it really helps to calm you down. u may feel like ur in danger but knowing that u are not and that it is only adrenaline helps to ground u.