%-) :?hi i am 54 yrs old, healthy and very hard working, i have recently been getting numness sensations on the left rear side of my head. the scalp feels fairly numb but still retaines some feeling. i am worried as to the cause? for the last 18 months i also have been suffering from tiredness most evenings as i have a long drive home and often have to take a cat nap to finnish the journey. i sleep in all about 6 hrs a day but have done this for over 30 years. i do not belive the symptom is tiredness related, it started after me falling over some wood in the dark, i fell backwards but do not remember hitting my head, just falling awkwardly twisting my self and getting mad at having tripped over. i am a migraine sufferer and have had migraines since childhood after a car accident, i am not getting migraines at the moment so again i feel that the numbness is due to some other cause. any ideas please ?

did you ever find out what caused the numbness, I too have the same problem, had a ct, which the er dr said was normal, please reply, he told me it could be emotionally distressed related. wait to hear from you. thanks. kuadilli

I am 52 year old femal with the same symptons on my right side.  It was numb and tingley.  Its a bit scary, but my Doctor said it was probably a pulled muscle near my shoulder.  It did go away.  So try not to worry, but get checked if continues.

Hi...I have a numbness on left side...only when i touch it. no other symptoms...had it for 3rd day now...started after going to hairdressers, had a bleach bath so was on the head wash basin a long time and then when the hairdresser dried my hair it was hurting from her tugging too hard, didnt say anything as I thjought I would sound like a wimp! Hope it goes away, giving it a week. Doesnt help as there is so much on the web and quite scary stuff. I will post again once it goes away.