On New Year's Day 2013, I woke up with the left half of my head and face numb.   No tingliing, just slgightly numb.     The night before NY eve at the next door neighbors we had drank red wine, but not excessive.   

I had notice some numbness in my left leg, foot, and arm for a couple week prior to Jan 1.  I have no other symptoms, no weakness, no loss of other senses, no headaches.   The numbness was worst in the morning.  I have no problem working out or running etc. cardiovascularly, I am great. 

On Jan 4, I went to the ER and got a Cat Scan and electrolytes and everything was A-OK.   I laid off alcohol for a week and took Ibuprofen and it seemed to be going away. Then Jan 15, I had one glass of wine with my pasta. The next morning my face was extremely numb.  

I saw my regular GP that day and then a neurologist today, I am scheduled for  MRIs next week.   The neurologist's best guess is a slight stroke in motor cortex or pinch nerve. 

I am 50 yr old male.  I have regular  ( thorough checkups),  low blood press, average chloerestrol, maintain excellent health and exercise, and no bad history any kind.    I have never smoked or done illegal drugs. 

I have seen several discussions on this site with others speafking of the same symptoms as mine.  Does anyone have any insight on what this could be?  This condition is worsen by alcohol, even small quanities.   Any good ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

It could just be a reaction of too much alcohol or something what the heck I'm not a doctor leave it to the professional wait I am HEY (not)

Try to keep aspartame out of your diet. Studies have shown that people have the same symptoms of MS or stroke after continual use of aspartame. I find when I don't have aspartame and any type of caffeine with it that I don't have the numbness. About 15 years ago I started with this and had the Cat scan and MRI done and nothing showed. (thankfully)