I AM A 35 YEAR OLD MALE, FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS I HAVE HAD NUMBNESS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD. THE NUMBNESS IS THEIR ALL DAY AND NIGHT. IT SEEMS EVERY OTHER DAY IT ALSO COMES WITH HEADACHES, IT ALSO WAKES ME UP WHEN I'M SLEEPING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD. PLEASE HELP.

were you able to find any help? i'm 25 years old and have been experiencing head tingling or numbness on the right side of my head. it keeps me up at night. i'm so worried. please let me know if you have been able to find any answers.

thanks

I am now 56 the numbness I feel in my right side of my head has returned, approx., 8yrs ago I went to a neurologest had MRI with contrast to determine the problem; what was found were unknown white spots inside my brain; the neurologist didn't know what they were; we talked about MS, blood infection, head trama, TIA's; she wanted to do a spinal tap to rule out MS and blood infection I opped out, I have no other MS systems that I'm aware of to date, I didn't want to take the risk of nerve damage from a spinal tap; If this helps you...I notice this numbness when I'm stressed, not sleeping and hormone imbalance;

I notice this numbness when I'm stressed, not sleeping and hormone imbalance;

Dito!
My numbness last for days and starts after i get overly stressed

Did you ever find a cause?

Someone once said something to me about shingles and bells pausy possibly being the cause
It's amazing all the damage that little chicken pox virus can do the rest of ones life.

Parents don't let you children get chicken Pox ,,, it will continue to affect them when their older.

Hi ppl

I too feel numbness on my left side of my brain. Its like an electric shock!!!

Hi I'm 24 years old and i started experiencing panic attacks and stress about a year and a half ago and i got put on Amitriplyne 20 mg. About a year ago I started with this numbness on the top right side of my head and when i would push on it i would get this tingly feeling like pins and needles just like when your foot falls asleep. But it would only last a couple of days and then would go away, and this would happen every once in awhile. I've been through a lot of stressfull situations for the past 2 years. Now about a month ago I started having that weird numbness in my head and tingling in that same spot and I can feel it more when i lay on that side especially when i sleep on it all night. And the feeling hasn't gone away and thats all i worry about and I've had a couple panic moments. I have had headaches with it and tension in the back of my head and neck. I dont have any insurance right now so I'm waiting on that so I can return to the doctor. Does anyone else feel like this??????Help?????

Hi I'm 24 years old and i started experiencing panic attacks and stress about a year and a half ago and i got put on Amitriplyne 20 mg. About a year ago I started with this numbness on the top right side of my head and when i would push on it i would get this tingly feeling like pins and needles just like when your foot falls asleep. But it would only last a couple of days and then would go away, and this would happen every once in awhile. I've been through a lot of stressfull situations for the past 2 years. Now about a month ago I started having that weird numbness in my head and tingling in that same spot and I can feel it more when i lay on that side especially when i sleep on it all night. And the feeling hasn't gone away and thats all i worry about and I've had a couple panic moments. I have had headaches with it and tension in the back of my head and neck and I have felt lightheaded. I dont have any insurance right now so I'm waiting on that so I can return to the doctor. Does anyone else feel like this??????Help?????

i am 24 years old and have similar sypmtoms. The top right side of my head always has a numbed feeling. My only releif from it is trying to stay distracted. It has been like this for atleast a month now. I think it is normal tension though because the location varies.

hi ppl.. im 17 yrs old only.. n havin the similar sypmtoms too.. im really scare right now pls help.... i can slp at night though... but i get is numbness on top of my right side of the head T.T pls help if u guys/ ppl have any qns abt tis pls email me .. im really really scare i dont even dare too tell ppl tat is close to me... T.T _[removed]_

First thing, do not panic. Stress can cause a lot of things to occur, so calm down and and think what it might be.

Are you on the computer most of the day? Maybe you are straining your eyes. Maybe you need glasses for reading, computer or watching TV. You could also have a pinched nerve or maybe your neck is not aligned right. Find a good chiropracter and get an alignment. Try eating better, drinking distilled water and taking vitimins.

These are just some things you can try. I noticed that im getting the same numbness on my head. I went to the doc and got a Cat Scan, nothing was wrong. I had my eyes checked, nothing is wrong. Ive tried a bunch of different things and nothing seems to make it go away unless I wear a hat =D. I think its mainly stress. I had a bump on my head and i thought it was a tumor or somethin. So i started worrying and the numbness and headaches came right away. I went to the doc and he told me its a muscle thats sensitive. I probably bumpped my head, cuz it didnt hurt anymore after 2 days. The point is, the numbness and headaches went away right when I started talking to the doctor. Like i was calm or something. Im going to try to get some relaxing music CDs or something... maybe that will make me not worry about things that i cant control.

I hope this helps a little. =)

Hi All. I just came across your posts as I am having the same thing. About a year ago I started having panic attacks and over the past couple of months I have been having severe neck/upper back pains as well as numbness on the right side of my head. I have scheduled an appointment with a chiro as I believe it is all based in my neck. I will keep you informed.

What did you find out from the chiropractor ?

I am 30 and had this same problem. I went to a million doctors no one could find anything wrong. Finally a nueralogist gave me some anti seizure medicine called carbatrol and some anti anxiety medicine called paxil and within a few months i was normal again. I still feel it sometimes when i stressed though. But im not on meds anymore. try to remember that the body works with the mind you may feel that everything is normal but your body may be saying and feeling something totally different relax. Just keeping myself happy seems to be the best medicine ive found, get enough sleep (when im over tired it bothers me NO CiGERETTES!!!!! ( carbon monoxide can cause damage to nerves and it will bother you more if you smoke) and limit on coffee and soda

Have any of you had a bubble test? They inject air into your blood, you bear down like you are having a bowl movement and they watch your heart with an ultrasound. If there is a hole between the left and right side of your heart (1 in 3 have a hole where the tube from your belly button attaches to feed you in the womb) You see the bubble pass thru. If you have this hole blood clots pass thru insteas of being filtered by the kidneys and can go to your brain. tiny clots could be responsible for abnormalities and migranes larger clots cause TIA's and strokes. big ones can be life changers.
Seems like a simple realitivly inexpensive test to rule out a possibility
if anyone finds any cooralation please email me at
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I had my operation done at childrens hospital in detroit by dr forbes.
Good luck

I'm a 29 year old male and have also been experiencing similar symptoms over the last month and a half. Constant numbness on the left side and back part of my head and scalp. I wouldn't exactly call it pain, more like a constant dull pressure. Using ice packs gives me a bit of relief but usually the numbness shifts from the left side of the head to the back part. Some discomfort on my neck. Also experiencing slight ringing in the left ear, some sensitivity to sunlight and even the smallest sounds tend to intensify. Sometimes making small facial movements seems to trigger pain on the affected areas. Having a very hard time sleeping (insomnia) to an extent that over the counter sleeping pills are not working, but used to prior to these symptoms. So far I've narrowed it down do some sort of anxiety disorder, pinched nerve, ear infection, head trauma, or sinus infection. Any insight would be extremely helpful as money is very tight right now and without health insurance I can't exactly afford paying different visits to a regular doctor, chiropractor or a neurologist. Very strongly considering acupuncture.