Could someone help me with some info of how to treat and deal with headaches and numbness I have frequently for quite some time. The strong headache usually affects the right side of my head and my shoulder is usually numbed and is followed with neck pain and shoulder and neck stiffness. I usually awake in the morning with headaches and numbness and have difficult time with going with that through the whole day. Help!

Well, I don't know what it could be but I know that I was dealing with migraines that was caused by the lack of the magnesium so I was prescribed magnesium supplements but it haven't helped me much. Finally my doc figured out I suffer also from chronic muscle tension and that was actually causing my headaches and numbness. The fact is that tight muscles are pressing your nerves and even blood vessels so as the result you have headache and numbness. It usually affects the ear and the eye of the affected numbed side so you need to get prescribed some pain killers and also try with the massage and relaxation therapy. You should discuss with your doc of some special exercises that would release your shoulder muscles so the pressure on your nerves and blood vessels could decrease and that’s the half way of fixing the problem. And of course you should consider the possibility of taking some meds that are also about to relieve the muscle tightness and stiffness in combination with magnesium supplements.

I have the same symptoms as you. Sometimes the pain shoots through my neck and it's so bad, the vision in my right eye is blurred. MRI shows I have a pinched nerve in C5 and C6. Have had some of the pain for a couple of years, but it is getting progressively worse. Trying to avoid surgery but it appears to be the only solution. I wake up with the pain and headache and go to bed with it.

I have severe pain in my neck,radiating into shoulders and arms, numb fingers, constipation, incontinence . My P.C.P. has referred me to a neurologist , Any ideas what I may hear?