I am a 25 year old female with a history of bil. leg surgey in 1997 and a PE in 2003. I am 5'2" could stand to lose at least 60 lbs. I work out 3 to 4 times a week and try to watch what i am eating. On August 2nd while at work my jaw starting hurting right after my shoulder was going numb this was at 11 am by 11:30 when the parmadeics got there to pick me up my whole arm was numb. My blood pressure was 148/112 pluse 100. By the time I got to the ER and moved into a room my leg was starting to feel weak. I had a CT Brain, CTA of the Brain, CTA of Chest, MRI of Brain, Leg Ultrasound, and Cartoid Ultrasound all was negative. I was relased on August 3rd still beening numb and tingly on my entrie left side including my face, arm, thorax, and leg. My humerus and my femur have pain as well. I can not put my full weight on my left leg i can walk but not well. I have also had back pain since July 30th after having a busy day at work. I do not have a history of aniexty attacks. I only drink bottle water no virus that i know of. I live in central florida and my husband has no symptoms please if anyone can think of what this can be let me know. I am going to my PCP on Monday to try to get some more test run for diabeties and such. I am at a lost and in pain. My mother had a mimi stoke with the same symptoms as me but hers only lasted about 15 mins. she did show somthing on MRI though I have a strong family history for most diesease some one please help me.

Did you ever get an MRI of all these things

Reason I am asking is because an MRI is far better than a catscan and show a lot more.

I would request it from your doctor

Regards
Portia

I have now had problems going on 4 weeks this comming Thursday. I have got an MRI of the C-spine and it showed nothing. What is very concering is my problems have moved to my right side as well. I still have pain in my upper arm and legs and numbness/tingling in my lower arms and legs. As of right now I can not lay on my left side, my right side or my back I am sleeping on my stomach and arranging myself in a sorta upright postion during the day. I am also getting muscle cramps. I am now out of work the next week will be the second week of that I went back to work for one week and since then I have been getting worse. I am now on steroid but they are not really helping i see a new nuerologist on Thursday hopefully they can find something. I am thankful for any imput

i too am experiencing what you posted and wanted to know if you got a diagnosis. hope you are doing well

Does anyone have an idea on what that is??????
I feel tingling, pain, numbness on my left leg.
And tingling on my left chest.
It bugs the heck out of me!
If someone know what that is, please let me know.
I've tested for diabetes, B-12, Potassium, Liver, Kidneys. ALL NORMAL.
Any insight helps.

you should see a neurologist...it could be in your brain

For 3 yrs I have had my entire L side of my body from the top my head down to my L foot. I can draw a line down the centre of my body and if feels like someone has topically frozen that half of me. I originally had a herniated disc at c5-6 which gave me numbness into the L hand, but a yr after that was when I noticed the whole L side. I have had every bld test known CT's and MRI's of my neck and head and nothing has come back with an answer. I have a marked weakness in my left side I had to get rid of my standard truck because my leg would get too tired driving it... and I liked that truck..... the only bright side to all of this... when I do get blood work drawn I make them take it from my left side and I don't feel it... Any one have any thoughts.????

on the left side of my body i have been having sharp pains and tinglingness. i have had a mri and it came back normal and all my blood tests came back normal too. the doctors said it is due to migraines but i am not having headaches, does anyone else have any idea what this could be. please let me know

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there with these problems. I just wish I could find an answer. I've been to the doctor.

I am having these problems as well and cannot find anything on the internet besides maybe a slipped disk.

Sharp, shifting, pain in my left side.
Numbness in feet and legs (both).

I am a 19 year old male and really don't do any strenuous activities so I don't understand. :-(

I am having the same symptoms. Numbness, left side and sometime facial burning, I went to the emergency room and they did cat scan, Mris and ekgs. Every thing was normal. My blood pressure was normal (I understandthat if you are experiencing a stroke it is usually elevated. I am wondering if it is maybe a neurological thing

I have had burning pain and numbness in left side of my body for the past 8 days. My blood pressure is not elevated and I also walk 5 miles a day and still continue to do so and actually seem to feel better while I am doing it. I had similar symptoms back in February and went to the emergency room at my local hospital. After Mris and CAT scans and ekgs and a 3 day stay in the hospital everything was okay. In was diagnose with a possible TIA but they were not sure. Could my symptoms be a neurological problem? Also last night after jogging for 2 miles, I came home and was feeling good. When I went to bed and woke up this morning the numbness and pain were back. My left hand has numbness in my pinkie finger and my toes in my left foot are numb and the left side of my face has a burning sensation with led side lip numbness. I have thought about going to the emergency room but, I really can't afford it

Also I am taking Lisinopril/ HCTZ 20/12.5 once a day. I am taking flomax 0.4 mg daily for BPH and nexium for GERD. I have been checked for diabetes .and the tests were negative. Like I said, scans were done of my head, the arteries back in February and tests were negative. An echocardiogram was done of my heart and it was okay also. I walk 4 miles a day at pace of 15 min/mile and don’t seem to feel any effects after. I just don’t want to go to the extra expense of unnecessary medical tests and I am sure my insurance carrier does not want to see that.

i have seen people with this problem because i work in field of medicine and to all of u ladies and gentlemen my advice is to see the doctor. If the regular doctor that you go to cant find anything ask for a specialist or neurologist. Or go to a doctor that knows what hes doing ask for full body exam meaning top to bottom until they figure out whats wrong that's only if your insurance can cover because medical bills are expensive. Also i know that best medical doctors are in Chicago, IL.

Hi, I am a 35 year old male and I have similar symptoms, it started out with my left side chest feeling tingly and periodic soarness, did couple of CT scans on my left chest and they found nothing unusual going on.

This has been happening for the last 1.5 years, Dr said nothing related to heart condition, heart looks fine...thank god.

Now for the past couple of months I have been noticing that I am feeling numbness, tingly with my left hand, left leg and left feet, strangely nothing on the right had side. I am going to see the dr tomorrow.

Only surgery I had on my left leg was for a torn ACL and that was 5 years ago.

May be this time he will prescribe a MRI.

Thanks.

I am a 39 yr old female. I have a bulging disc at c-5/c-6 and disc degenerative disease and also a bulging disc at the lumbar L-5/S-1 . I've had two episodes where weakness has occurred on the left side of my body. The first episode started out with a cramp and pain in my left arm and it ran down into my forearm. I sat down and it was accompanied with dizziness. Then my vision was affected. It got blurry and I had a hard time eating (we were at sizzler when this happened) I could not chew my food I got too tired to chew and swallow my food. When I got home I couldn't get out of the truck and get into the house. My left side was just weak. My leg was like dead. Heavy and lifeless. My husband was worried asked me what was going on and my face started drooping.
Worried that I was having a stroke he rushed me to ER. There I was given aspirin, given a CT-Scan of my brain ; which came out normal. Then I was admited to the hospital and ran and MRI (normal), an ultrasound of my heart (normal), blood tests (normal) although my potassium level was a little low so i was given potassium.
Meanwhile the doctors gave me heparin shots incase there were blood clots and there were none found. I saw a neurologist... and he reported that it was definately NOT a stroke. He did an electromyopathy and discovered that I have some nerve damage that was due to the bulging discs. and there was no CLEAR explaination for the weakness on the left sid eof my body. the nerve damage may have been the culprit but it was NOT responsible for my face drooping and had not one clue what caused that to happen.
I saw a neurosurgeon and he explained to me that his brother has migraines and he has problems with his face drooping from time to time. That it may be the problem it may not.

My second episode I was driving to a docotr appt. and the weakness just came on my left side suddenly. No pain... just weakness. My face did not droop however. I went to my doctor appt. they suggested I be seen I did. Went through the whole testing CT-Scan (normal), MRI (normal) , blood test (Normal), ultrasound of the heart (normal) and the same treatment was given as the first episode. There is something going on with me. And I can't just be passive about it. I know the dr. did what they should according to protocol. It looked like a stroke so they tested for a stroke. I been investigating information given to me by a physical therapist that came to my home to see me. She said there is a possibilty this could be Migrainal Strokes. They don't show up in the MRI's. And i have a history of Migraines and had a Migraine 2 days before this 2nd episode. I can't remember about the 1st episode because it was over a year ago. There is enough evidence to look into this and my health is certainly worth it. My grandfather had mini strokes for years that never were detected so I don't know it that runs in the family or not.