I am looking for reviews of Obagi's Nu derm system, which I have heard many things about but have never used yet. I have many questions, including how well it would work for my melasma as well as fine lines, how tricky it is for using since there are quite some steps involved, and where to buy it as well. I'm looking for honest reviews here, not "I could just be undercover advertising" type reviews (not that I am saying this company gets involved with those, but some do for sire). Anyone with experience? I'd love to hear everything you have to say about Obagi's Nu derm system then!

:)

No personal experience, yeah, so pinch of salt and all that. 

When you look on Makeup Alley there's adverts at the side that point you to Ebay, where some people are allegedly selling the complete Obagin New Derm system. Careful there. Don't trust it. The Obagi system was designed for people with normal to dry skin to combat signs of ageing. It's a complete system that contains a range of different products, but note, SOME OF THEM ARE PRESCRIPTION PRODUCTS. Sorry for yelling there, but that's real important. That means that where you get it is from an authorised seller, likely a dermatologist or plastic surgeon but perhaps some spas as well, I don't know. Depends who they have on staff I guess. Beware bootleg products on Ebay. You can't legit buy this Obagi System on the web. You need someone who has the authority to prescribe. Of course not all Obagi products are prescription but the whole system as a whole you need it. 

Yes. The Retin-A is an essential part of the Obagi Nu derm system and that is a product that requires a prescription. I used this system for a while after spending a lot of money on it. Frankly, it is not all that user friendly. You have to follow the instructions carefully and be very committed to it. I did notice some improvements to my skin but again, they were not as noticeable as I had hoped and in the end I gave up on using the system... It requires too much money and time (which I have neither of) for too little results in return.

I used the Obagi Nu-Derm system for a while. After a week of usage, I saw that my skin was red, irritated, peeling, and painful. In the hope that it would get better, I continued on. It did not get better. I am not saying this to slam Obgai because I still love their Professional-C but it just did not work for me and when I looked it up I saw that other consumers also had similar experienced that I had, unfortunately. My advice to you is to ask your dermatologist for their unbiased best skincare system recommendation, snce the Obagi Nu-Derm system is prescription anyway. Most dermatologists will be more than happy to comply.

Obagi Nu Derm is for people with acne scarring, sun damage, and an uneven skin tone. As a person with melasma, that means it could very well be right for you. Other people with melasma have certainly had success with Obagi Nu Derm, but others have experienced the system as a disaster. The key is in having a derm that you trust to tell you whether it is right for you and also exactly how you should use it — not just in accordance with the instructions, but with those tips and tricks only derms know. I suggest you ask about it and see what happens next.

I'm only in my third week of using Nu Derm, with Retin-A strength .05, but I am already happy to report some very significant improvements to my skin! My skin did indeed turn red and flaky during the first week, which is due to the Retin-A, but it was something I was aware of and sat out until it stopped. My hyperpigmentation is already lessening a lot and I am waiting for it to go away altogether. That is a positive review from me then. I love Obagi so far and I hope it will help you as much as it helped me.

I used Obagi's New Derm system for a good while after years and years of suffering with acne. It really did wonders for me, in that the old acne scars I had had forever and that were ruining my looks and self-confidence really did fade after a while. I entirely credit New Derm for that. Now I no longer use it nor need it any more, but New Derm is a medical skin range especially designed for issues like these and for that it really does work. I got used to using the system pretty fast and I would have put in any effort to better my skin, because it did look terrible.

Hi I just start using this products. I am in my second week but I am worry for the redness in my skin how long this going to last?
It will last for all the period that I am using this product?
Please tell me when the irritation will go away?