I have a friend who keeps annoying me for a while. She washes her hands all the time, which I found strange. She seems to feel everything around her is so dirty she might get sick. As defense, she uses her hand washing. Can you tell me is she normal and I should wash my hands often, or there could be some diagnosis because of this?

As you described your friend, I would say she might have obsessive-compulsive disorder. There are many kids with this disorder doing these rituals; the more they feel like they have to do them. These kids can end up spending so much time on rituals that they have little time left for the things they really do want to do. Some of obsessive-compulsive disorders and its compulsions are right lots of hand washing or showering. Patients are doing this way more than usual or having a hard time stopping. Some of the kids simply like to wash their hands, but kids with OCD do it just too much. They might feel as they want to stop, but her hands just do not feel clean enough and they cannot make their selves turn off the water. Sometimes they even scrub their hands until they are red and raw. After eating, they may feel it has to be washed again. That is why I would say probably your friend might have this problem and possible it is diagnosis as I told you. That is why you should understand this need and maybe talk to her mother, maybe doctor might help there.