I am curious why my husband started behaving violent lately though he was always explosive person but lately the things have become much worse so I have started thinking of leaving him after 13 years of marriage. Anyway his violent behavior is manifested actually in explosive episodes that lasts about 20 minutes but are so tense for he goes through the house yelling and breaking things and all that for nothing I mean there is no reason for him to express such violent behavior. Besides this he is complaining on some weird tingling sensation over his body accompanied with some palpitations along with head pressure and chest tightness so I am willing to give him another chance but would like to hear what could be the cause of this violent behavior and could it be treated somehow? Thanks!

I have a cousin diagnosed with intermittent explosive disorder whose symptoms are exactly those of your husband especially regarding those explosive episodes which in some case turns out to be fatal so from this point of view this is a serious disorder demanding proper treatment and diagnose of course so I would advice your husband to have some talk over this with some doc or maybe even psychiatrist. Anyway my cousin is now on some meds combination treatment involving anti anxiety agents and mood regulators. And as for the cause watching the behavioral manner in my cousin's family it looks to me like this violent behavior is something he learned growing up in the family of the same sort of behavior so if you ask me violent behavior is actually the type of your education and also genetic factor should be consider in violent behavior people.