I have a lump, about the size of a dime, in the back of my neck. Right at the bottom of the hairline. Its hard and doesnt move at all. There is no pain whatsoever and its been there for over a month. Ive been doing some searching on it, and almost everything ive read says its either a cancer or a fatty tumor of some sort... Does anyone know what else it could be? I know i should go see a doctor to be sure so i made an appt. for wednesday, i would just like some ideas.

It could be a sebaceous cyst which is harmless. Your doctor will put your worry to rest.

Hi there,
The chance of this being a cancer are very low so in my opinion you should rule out this one in order not to cause any panic. The second guess, a fatty tissue is a possibility. They are usually not harmful and in most cases you won’t notice any side effects from it at all. I also think that this might be enlarged lymph node. Lymph nodes get enlarged when they are irritated or when you have some sort of an infection in your body. Have you noticed any ear pain in past several weeks? Do you feel any pain when you touch the lump? I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella