I have a lump on my head close to my hair line but directly behind my left ear. Ive had this for a few years now but it has more than doubled in size and recently it has started hurting. Could this be cancer? or a tumor? Im really worried but with a lack of insurance so have not been to a doctor. can someeone please help?

it is most probably either a pimple of some sort, or perhaps it's a lymph node reacting to some minor infection.

DON'T SQUEEZE IT.

You will probably do well to have it examined at a clinic, but you could start by going to the barber or beauty salon and ask the operator to take a look. They have seen a lot of growths, etc.

But a medical opinion would be a better bet.

Good luck.

Well from what ive read lymph nodes dont stay swollen for years. Theres no head on it like a pimple would have. And it hurts inside of my head not on the outside. I wouldnt dare squeeze it lol I was reading on cyst but that doesnt seem right either being that it isnt red. Its the same color as my skin. But asking someone at a hair salon is a good idea. so thanks. any more input or ideas would be nice :-)

With that additional information, I would send you to a medical evaluation right away.
I didn't catch that this was hurting inside the head, nor that the lump has been present for years.
Get it checked out.
Good luck.