Hi. I have this lump on the back of my neck, at the bottom of my hairline. Its about an inch away from my ear on the right side. Ive had it for about a month or so, and when it started out, it was sort of large. Now its smaller but its still there. Does anyone have ANY idea what it could be? :-(

Clogged follicle or cyst? Go to a general practicioner to find out. Or even a dermatologist. Better to play it on the safe side!

Hey purplelover123, i have a similar lump, and right now the doctor doesn't exactly know what it is.
I'm just wondering if you ever got yours diagnosed?
Thanks

Well,
In my opinion this lump that you have is nothing serious. These lumps in most cases are just enlarged lymph nodes that got swollen because you have some sort of an infection in your body. The fact is that you do not have to worry about them too much because they will get back to normal as soon as your infection is cleared from your body. You could try to go to doctor and see if this needs to be drained if the lymph nodes last for too long. I hope that you won’t have this problem for too long and that your lump on your neck will go away.

All the best,
Nelie

me too i hope it isnt canser

Ive had one on the back of my neck for about 3 years Im 15 now Idk waht it is

i have had one since i can remember, same place and everything. im 14 and still have it, ive had it since birth. im not sure what it is either :(

I just found 2 lumps also. One is pretty large. Going to the Dr. if they are not gone in a couple days. I think you guys should have them checked out , just to be safe.

I found two of them on the back of my neck and I've been freaking out ever since should I be worried. My friend thinks it is a birth mark but it hasn't always been there and lately I've been sick and getting pains and I'm not on my period and I'm not sick. What should I do because I am too scared to tell my parents they would just tell me that is nothing and what if I am sick please help.

Thanks for the info. I am 13 and realised it on the back of my neck about five days ago. Would it be because I have an ear infection on the same side that the lump is . I am taking ear drops for the infection , do u think they will take the lump away as well. I would like to hear a reply , but no worry's if not
THANKS.

I have the same lump, I think it could be from frequent trips to the barbers and dirt from the clipper may have entered a razor blade cut.... Only thing I can suggest

i have had the same exact thing on the back of my neck exactly how you explained it but i have had it for 4 years and at first i thought it was an ingrown hair but then i realized it wasnt cause i can move it but its almost like it conected to something, anyways when i move it it gives me a headache but i dont really think anythng about it. it might be a cyst or something but idk and i always forget to tell the doctor.

yarr suffering with same problem need help

Usually bumps on the neck are swollen lymph nodes. I have one as well, but I got it right after I strained the big muscle on the left side of my neck. Google where your lymph nodes in your neck are and compare it to where your bump is.

I have a bump right now and my mom, who's a nurse, said to check your pupil reaction time, keep your eyes in a dark setting and slowly bring a flashlight over your eye and watch how fast your pupil reacts. Also if you can smile and stick your tounge out. If this is all normal then chances are it's not putting any pressure on your brain.

If you apply heat it will soothe the muscles in your neck and keep the blood flowing, and if you apply ice for no more than 10 minutes at a time, then the swelling should go down.

Keep an eye on the size and check in with a doctor if you get really concerned or it gets bigger.

Could be a calcium build up, I have some on my neck and in my eyebrow. If it doesn't hurt when you move it, and the area surrounding it isn't tender, then chances are that's it.

Check with your doctor when you can remember, and keep an eye on the size.