Yesterday I noticed something on my neck. Since last week I also feel pain in my throat. I didn’t want to go to see a doctor because I think that I will be ok without any medications. Now I’m afraid to go there. Does anybody know what it is when I have small painless pea-size lymph nodes in my neck? Thanks!

Don’t worry too much. It looks like a throat infection. But you should go to doctor. You will probably need to take some antibiotics. Your lymph nodes can be enlarged when you have bacterial or viral infections. That is common reaction. This also means that your immune system is functioning well.

Hi there,
Lymph nodes tend to get enlarged when you have some sort of infection in your body. Swelling of the lymph nodes on your neck indicates that infection might be in your throat and your pain there is telling me that you might be having a cold or some other problem with tonsils perhaps. Also lymph node swelling on the neck can indicate sinus infection as well. Do you have any problems with your sinuses or your tonsils? You could try to treat this with some antibiotic at home but if this condition lasts longer than few days you will have to see a doctor and do some test to find the main problem.
Hope this helped a bit