I AM 49 AND HAVE HAD 4 CHILDREN . i HAVE HAD THYROID PROBLEMS IN THE PAST BUT NOT ANYTHING HAPPENED RECENTLY. I USUALLY GET THESE SMALL LUMPS UNDER MY CHIN THAT COINCIDE WITHMY PERIOD. BUT THIS TIME THE LUMP IS A LOT LARGER AND IS BOTHERING ME.
WHAT COULD IT BE?

Hi there,

Lumps under chin are usually not cancerous, however there is always a chance that this might be a cancer, but the chances are very low. I think that you have problems with lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are located under your chin and when you have some sort of infection in your mouth your lymph nodes get enlarged. How long have you been having this problem? Is there a chance that you might have an under skin pimple that won’t go away? You could try to massage the pimple with warm pressure in order to get rid of it. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,

Danella

My 13 year old son haf two lumps and now four on his neck. We have had ultra sound which measured 3mm (short axis). He has had these lumps for two months and the report showed nothinh suspicious. He has itchiness on his stomach region daily and lower back pain occasionly. The lumps arenot sore and the doctor advises no infection to throat or ears. My son then felt a lump under his chin and there are no two. Those lumps are smaller. I am still concerned and as bloods were not taken should I be requesting a full blood count, or as a mother am I being paranoid. Just do not want to take chances on my son's wellbeimg