Hello! I am worried about a small soft tissue lump on the side of my neck. I have heard that this could be a symptom of skin cancer. Is that true? My husband told me that I am paranoid and that probably is nothing. Still, I will visit my doctor because of this problem next week. Have you any idea about this? Thank you in advance!

Hello! I think that your husband is probably right about this, but I also think that you should visit your doctor for any case. I think that your lymph node became swollen. This may occur if you have bad tooth or cold or tonsillitis. But, also, can be something more serious. So, you will need to do some tests to find out what the cause is.

Hi there,
These lumps on side of your neck are usually lymph nodes that got enlarged due to some condition in your body, most likely your throat. You have to understand that cancer is possibility but you can’t really confirm this unless your doctor tests your skin at the hospital. In my opinion this is some sort of infection that might be in your ears or throat and your lymph nodes reacted to the infection. Sometimes even sinus infection can cause them to react. Do you have any problems with sinuses? You shouldn’t worry too much about this and just wait for the appointment next week. You need to keep your body healthy as much as you can.