I have a nickle sized lump on my right side behind my sternocleidomastoid (?) muscle in my neck; it is non-tender. I have been fatigued and been having night sweats for 3 weeks now. i have recently noted a soreness in my throat on that right side. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

If you have a painful lump on your neck associated with night sweat and fatigue then you should see a doctor. It sounds to me like you have an illness or perhaps an infection of some sort, and it doesn't sound like something that you are going to be able to get over without medication or something else along those lines. Please keep us posted on what your doctor says.

Hi there,
I think the thing that you are experiencing is a swollen lymph node. You have to understand few things about lymph nodes. They tend to get enlarged when your body is experiencing some kind of infection. The infection can be viral, bacterial or fungal. Your fatigue feeling and night sweats indicate that this might be flu. Do you have any symptoms in your nose or something similar like the sore throat that you are experiencing? You should try to treat this with some antibiotics and also your body seems like it need some rest. The good thing is that when your infection is gone your lymph nodes will get back to normal just as they were before this.

thank you for that information it makes me feel better I have two lumps on right side of my neck and night sweats and faiguei had a very bad cold aweek ago it lasted about three weeks I strainded coughing I almost went to the doctor but I didn't I wonder if that caused the lumps