Okay. I've always had a large, hard bump there, near the back of my mouth, so I asked my dentist about it. He said there was something odd with my palette or something, but it was nothing to worry about. Now, I suddenly have another, smaller bump on the roof of my mouth, and it's sort of worrying me. It's beginning to hurt when I eat (swallowing, mostly) and it feels slightly sore. Several months ago I had surgery on my front tooth for an infection, could that have anything to do with it?

Last night after I ate I felt like I had a little piece of food or something towards the back of my throat when I swallow also, then later i noticed it was a sore bump forming. It hurts, but it's more just annoying. I asked my father who is a general surgeon and he said it's probably just a cyst (i thought the same). Then I woke up this morning and there is another sore bump on the roof of my mouth.I am worried about it more now if it is spreading, and I am also worried that it could possibly be an STI of some kind?(sorry) This is really worrying me.
I am just worried about this and it sounded similar to yours.