My dog was nearly choking the other day. He had a bone, and was really struggling with it. So I inserted my hands to get it out, which was quite a struggle as well, when I felt this lump on the roof of his mouth. I felt it again later, and it was still there. What is this? Is it normal, or should I see a vet about it?

I don't have a clue. Obviously, if you are worried about it or your dig seems to have any discomfort or trouble eating from this unidentified lump, you should definitely take it to see a vet. Or maybe you could give the vet a bell first. Saves a lot of hassle and money if it is something common! Good luck, and give the dog a pat from me :-).

Hi i'm a vet tech so this bump is it about the of a pea +/- a little depending on the size of dog you have on the maxillary aspect (upper jaw) just behind the incisors (front teeth)? if so that is normal if not have you vet take a look hope this is helpful

My dog has this...and it is hard...So why is this normal. I find that he slops a lot now as it must be annoying it being there. What would it be. He does go after bees etc, and then one day we saw him chasing one, and when i put my fingers in his mouth i felt the lump small pea size same colour as his gum but hard.

I have noticed a similar lump on my 2.5 year old boerboel. It's in the middle like you say but it's quite a bit bigger than a pea more like a marble.
I'm hoping not to need to take him to the vet unless nessesarry as he would require anaesthetic for the vet to gain access