Hi. I've been having horrible on and off acid reflux, to the point where it keeps me up at nite, and it also comes along with bad gas every now and then. I'll have if for almost 12 hours before it actually stops, but I usually get it later on the next day, or skip a day, and come back. I don't drink much water, and my diet sucks, but I'm not over weight or anything. Anyways. I've been having it for the past two days. Acid reducer pills did not work. (There over the counter type stuff that you get in the store) I drank two cups of milk, that worked for about 20mintes. Water doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to do. Anyway, here's the actual question. Ever since I got this really bad spirt of acid reflux, I've gotten a slight sore throat. Could having heavy acid reflux give you a sore throat? It's not really sore, just slightly. It's an annoying sore. When I eat it doesn't feel sore. When I drink anything I can feel it, but not really when I eat so much. Some1 PLEASE help!- Thanks...Jill

You didn't say what you tried for acid reducers and there are several different types. Some simply neutralize the acid but don't stop it. Those are fast acting and don't last long. Baking soda works well for that.

I have been through the same thing as you and what worked for me was Prilosec. That is Omeprazole and is now sold under several brand names. It is not an instant cure as it takes several days for the total effect.

The sore throat is very likely from the acid reflux. That acid damages your esophagus all the way up to your mouth. I have had a dry cough for years and my doctor sent me to a ENT doc recently. He ran a scope down my throat and could see the irritation that was making me cough. He told me to double the Prilosec I was taking and it worked. All the Omeprazole over the counter products come in 20mg doses so I am now taking 2 pills a day.

Thank you so0o much! I appriciate it! =)